Post by spanky » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 pm

I asked how to get USPS for our cart as I am new to open cart awhile back. I got two replies with very little detail w/ a link that leads me to a site where I can purchase it for $25. What happens after I do this? Does this automatically apply to my cart or do I have to sync it somehow?

PLEASE...if you respond, give me a detailed answer. Thank you!

Post by Qphoria » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi spanky,

I am the creator of the USPS module. When you purchase the module, you download the zip file. Inside the file there are install instructions. It is very simple drag-n-drop. No files to overwrite. No database files to muck with.
Once the files are copied onto your server, they will appear in the Admin "Extension->Shipping" menu. There you can click Install, and then Edit to configure the module.

If you have any questions I am usually available for chat from the link on my site.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by spanky » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:08 am

Thank you. That sounds easy enough!

Post by jerad » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:18 am

Is it still necessary to purchase your USPS extension or does the new version of OpenCart have it already built? I recently installed the new version of OC and there was listed among the shipping extensions a USPS option which I then enabled yet it still doesn't appear as an option for customers to choose from for shipping. The free shipping module works fine and a few of the others that I have tested. Pardon my ignorance, I'm still new to all this.
I tried searching the forum in a couple of different places to find a relevant topic. This was the closest I could get.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:19 am

Yes, Daniel has created his own USPS in v1.3.3+ so if that one works for you then you no longer need to buy mine. Mine will still support v1.3.4 and later

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator