Post by perezosogato » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you for here on this my post about the free shipping.
I have been searching a couple hours, but does not see the solutions.
My questions is how to add free shipping icon near product ?

Can you please give me a solution ?

Thank you

Attachments

product page.png

free shipping icon or text display in the product page - product page.png (88.12 KiB) Viewed 4736 times

freeshipping.png

free shipping text or icon display in category - freeshipping.png (134.74 KiB) Viewed 4736 times


New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by florinsith » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:54 pm

I recommend you to use my pds mod: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5169

Use one of the fields(ex: location) in admin to insert the words free shipping for the products you wish, then using the mod, set from admin to display the location field in frontend.
Then edit the language file that comes with the mode, and delete the location word(not the hole line , just the location word between the quotes) and you will have free shipping words on the products you wish.
If you want the freeshipping to be an image instead of words, then you would have to edit the xml a little bit. Let me know if you made it so far.

Image
My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 am


Post by perezosogato » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:02 pm

florinsith wrote:I recommend you to use my pds mod: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5169

Use one of the fields(ex: location) in admin to insert the words free shipping for the products you wish, then using the mod, set from admin to display the location field in frontend.
Then edit the language file that comes with the mode, and delete the location word(not the hole line , just the location word between the quotes) and you will have free shipping words on the products you wish.
If you want the freeshipping to be an image instead of words, then you would have to edit the xml a little bit. Let me know if you made it so far.
how to edit the word to free shipping?
by the way, does it work in the category page and search page ?
Just wonder if i can use a image instead of a text ?

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by perezosogato » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 pm

florinsith wrote:I recommend you to use my pds mod: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5169

Use one of the fields(ex: location) in admin to insert the words free shipping for the products you wish, then using the mod, set from admin to display the location field in frontend.
Then edit the language file that comes with the mode, and delete the location word(not the hole line , just the location word between the quotes) and you will have free shipping words on the products you wish.
If you want the freeshipping to be an image instead of words, then you would have to edit the xml a little bit. Let me know if you made it so far.
hi florinsith, i am doing it now, please let me know how to edit to the free shipping ?
the addon is doing great job.
i think i found what i need.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by florinsith » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:27 pm

I told you how, in admin, for every product with free shipping, in the location field write Free Shipping.

Image
My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 am


Post by perezosogato » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:13 pm

florinsith wrote:I told you how, in admin, for every product with free shipping, in the location field write Free Shipping.
Sorry but i donot get you yet.
could you please tell me step by step. For example, how to insert the words free shipping to the product and how to edit the file.
You are highly appreciated for it.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by florinsith » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:23 pm

I dont undestand what you dont understand. You want to display free shipping for products that have free shipping(you offer free shipping).
So the mod helps you display certain product fields from admin that are not usualy displayed, as an example I gave you the location field. You have a product called product A, edit it in admin, and at the tab data in the location field, insert the 2 words: "Free Shipping", for other products you can insert Expensive shipping if you want and so on. Dont you want it product based?

Image
My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 am


Post by perezosogato » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:41 pm

florinsith wrote:I dont undestand what you dont understand. You want to display free shipping for products that have free shipping(you offer free shipping).
So the mod helps you display certain product fields from admin that are not usualy displayed, as an example I gave you the location field. You have a product called product A, edit it in admin, and at the tab data in the location field, insert the 2 words: "Free Shipping", for other products you can insert Expensive shipping if you want and so on. Dont you want it product based?
hi florinsith, i think i understood now.

1. Install the Qvmod
2. After installed the mod.
3. Go to the product, at tag" data", then,in the "location" insert " free shipping".

Then it works.

That means every product, must insert the " free shipping" to the filed.

How to add a 'free shipping" image ?

Thank you

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by perezosogato » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 am

hi florinsith, another problem, i was trying but the location did not display in the product page,
i am using v1.5.2.1 OC
and all
Display location in product listing? Yes
Display location in product page? Yes

Please helps.

Thanks.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by florinsith » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:01 am

check the vqmod log and see the error related to it.

Image
My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 am


Post by Avvici » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:40 am

After reading this thread I think I need a tumbler of scotch.

User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 pm
Location - Asheville, NC

Post by perezosogato » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:34 pm

florinsith wrote:check the vqmod log and see the error related to it.
thanks for reply, florinsith.

I have checked there is no vqmod log in the vqmod folder, but in the admin, i see nothing about the vqmod error log.

By the way, i have tested the mod on v1.5.1.3, all works well.
I am afraid the mod has something not work on v1.5.2.1 OC.

what do you think ?
Or you have tested on v1.5.2.1

And please show me how to add the free shipping image.

Thank you

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by perezosogato » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 pm

avvici wrote:After reading this thread I think I need a tumbler of scotch.
hi avvici, to a zero php knowledge person, i really appreciate a details on instructions. ;D

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by Avvici » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Take it with a grain of salt. That's me being funny.

User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 pm
Location - Asheville, NC

Post by perezosogato » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:26 pm

avvici wrote:Take it with a grain of salt. That's me being funny.
hey, avvici, if you are here to provide a solution, i will appreciate.
but if you think to join in the post for funny, i think you may go to see doctor for a solution.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by perezosogato » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:57 pm

florinsith wrote:check the vqmod log and see the error related to it.
hi florinsith, really need your helps.

1. in v1.5.2.1 , free shipping does not show on product page, but it shows on the category page and other pages.
2. how to add a image instead of the text " free shipping?

you are highly appreciated for the reply to a user of your extension. Thank you

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by florinsith » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 am

Use the atached xml instead of the downloaded product display settings xml. Place an image called freeship.png in opencart root/image folder . The free shipping image will appear if something is inserted in the location field in admin. Let me know if its ok.

Attachments


Image
My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 am


Post by perezosogato » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:53 am

florinsith wrote:Use the atached xml instead of the downloaded product display settings xml. Place an image called freeship.png in opencart root/image folder . The free shipping image will appear if something is inserted in the location field in admin. Let me know if its ok.
hi florinsith, thank you very much. your mod is really great.
it works on v1.5.1

[del]could you please check the v1.5.2 ? please.......[/del]

P.S. Forget the question on v1.5.2, i just tested, all works well. Thank you again for the great mod. florinsith ;D

Attachments

free2.png

in the product page - free2.png (8.36 KiB) Viewed 4631 times

free.png

in the category page - free.png (3.23 KiB) Viewed 4631 times


New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Post by icedge » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:10 am

I want to ask. I install this nice extansion, but i have error for language pds! I have 2 languages. Can you help me?

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:32 am

Post by florinsith » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:25 am

You need to copy the file catalog/language/english/product/pds.php over to catalog/language/yourlanguage/...same path . And then if you need, you should also open the file newly copied over your language and translate the expressions inside (again, do this only if you plan to use the other functions of that mod).

Image
My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests