Post by nguyen_t_anh » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Hello,

Anyone knows how users and administrator(s) can change their password?

Regards,
Tuan

Post by Avvici » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Admins change their password from within the administration. You must have access/permissions to do this. If you have forgotten your password and are locked out of your own admin then you can change the password manually via PHP myadmin and a simple MD5 generator.

Users can change their password from within their user account.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by nguyen_t_anh » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello,

Thanks for fast reply,
Tuan

Post by srcleveland » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:34 am

If I setup a user account for the administration section of OpenCart that does not have access to modify system/user they can not change their own password. If i give them access to modify system/user then they can change everything including what group they are in.

Is someone working on making it so users can change everything is their account except the group the user belongs to without granting them modify privileges

Post by undersound » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Is someone working on making it so users can change everything is their account except the group the user belongs to without granting them modify privileges
I would like to know this as well. Is this already possible or is there a mod for this?

Post by Avvici » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:33 am

An administrator that does not have access to or can modify user accounts can still change their password by clicking on FORGOT PASSWORD.

I would suggest being in control of user account section as the SUPER ADMIN.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by undersound » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:41 am

Thanks, so only way for a non-admin user to change their password is through Forgot password.

Would be nice to have some more fine grained permission set on that but there's a lot of other stuff to do for the maintainers I'm sure :)