Post by calvenkc » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Running OpenCart 1.5.1 and none of my "add to cart" buttons work. This is true for both Firefox and IE 7,8,9
When you click the add to cart button on any page nothing happens. Normally I would say its an upgrade/compatibility issue except I haven't changed anything. OC was working 2 weeks ago and suddenly stopped...

Any Ideas?

http://stampsdoorparts.com

Post by Tcalp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:59 pm

I would like to help you but your web hosting is such garbage that I can't manage to reliably load a page. Get better hosting, honestly there is $4/month hosting that is better then whatever you are on. And as far as I can tell your shopping cart is working fine.

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by calvenkc » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:53 pm

I have noticed that too - the slow speed happened at the same time the add to cart stopped working. I go through ARVIXE and the speed has gotten ridiculous. Its almost like open cart has a virus /malware or something slowing it down....

Would the slow speed be the reason the add to cart button doesn't work? Normally you click add to cart and a message pops up at the top. I just can't figure this out - I will try contacting ARVIXE again.

Post by calvenkc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:52 am

I went to test my website out at:
http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/LG9wlQT ... rparts.com

I see there are a couple scripts that take forever to load. Anyone know how to change this?

Post by Tcalp » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:06 am

It's not the scripts that are the problem, it's your web hosting.

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by calvenkc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 am

Isn't ARVIXE what is recommended for OC hosting? I use ARVIXE right now... I realize for $4.00 it won't be lightning fast , but I don't expect it to take 30-40 seconds to load one page. I was thinking 8-10 seconds would be fair...

I emailed ARVIXE (weeks now) and still the site runs slow. They keep saying they are "working on it" and nothing gets done. Again I don't expect lightning fast speed for $4.00 but this is ridiculous.

I have less than 100 products in my store although I do have high resolution images I suppose.

My "add to cart" buttons don't work at all. I am glad they work for other people , although it is sllllloowwww.

Post by calvenkc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:46 am

Turns out it was a jquery script ie-fix that I had to delete in the header.tpl

The speed has improved some, but now it looks like my page loads twice???

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/iRM0AcW ... rparts.com

Post by Avvici » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:13 am

Your page loads probably about as slow as it takes a snapping turtle to cross I-75 up north in the states. I didn't see the first version but if that is improvement then I would worry.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by calvenkc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks for the words of wisdom but that doesn't help me much :(

I have gone from 45 seconds to 28 seconds now by solving the .js issue. There were definitely a few bugs to sort out. Now the page is loading multiple times for some reason...

I can't figure out why - according to pingnom my site is loading once as www.stampsdoorparts and once without the www.

Post by fearworksmedia » Fri May 11, 2012 10:28 pm

I can confirm that the Add to Cart button issue in IE is related to the URL of the shop.

If your site is set up and configured to run with www.addressurl.com, then when anyone visits addressurl.com (without the subdomain, in this case www) IE does not add to cart properly. As soon as you visit one of the product pages or category pages, you are following a link that automatically already has www at the front of it.

Some hosts are set up to automatically redirect anyone who visits addressurl.com to www.addressurl.com without intervention, some aren't and this is where the problems are coming from. I know because I'm my own web host, and was having this problem. I usually have my sites set up so that someone can get to the site without bothering with the www subdomain, but opencart and IE don't seem to like this - so I have set up two separate web hosting accounts on my server. One runs the shop with the www.addressurl.com domain, the other listens out for addressurl.com and then redirects immediately to www.addressurl.com.

This would mean that certain sites that tell you about load times, etc., might report the page as loading twice - which it is, as the first attempt is then being redirected to another site to try.

That's my version of events, anyway!