Post by danswano » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:50 am

Hello, how do i get the full product path when clicking it from latest module or search results, let me explain further:

The products listed in latest module when i click on one of them it takes me to the product page without the category id.

Example: index.php?route=product/product&product_id=101
When i browse the product from it's category i get: index.php?route=product/product&path=59_63&product_id=101

And from search results: index.php?route=product/product&keyword=SEARCHQUERY&product_id=101

Also the breadcrumbs are Home > Product Name instead of Home > Category > Product Name

How do make the product URL the same globally?

I hope i cleared things out.

Thank you.

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Well, first the breadcrumb wouldnt be correct anymore, cause you didnt access the products via home > category, but directly from homepage.
And I dont think is an easy way to do that, since for it , you would need to get the product's category, and a product could be in more than one category.That is why it is as it is.

Expert Member

Post by danswano » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:55 pm

I'm sure someone did it here but can't find the post and forgot the search keywords.

Post by dimko » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Using OpenCart v1.5.1.3

Post by xseon » Mon May 27, 2013 10:43 pm

I found a vQmod that almost fixes this: Category Breadcrumb.

It fixes the breadcrumb adding category and subcategories to the path.

What it does not fix is the URL in the address bar.

Deeper and Better Category Module
Mass Product Price Change

Location - Bulgaria

Post by butte » Tue May 28, 2013 12:49 am

It does not need to be "fixed" if OC works. You haven't said that OC doesn't work. As florinsith noted, products can be (and moreover often are) in plural categories and OC is set up to allow and to accommodate that. I'm under the impression that you just want to see it in the address bar. The machines don't put everything they know in the address bar. A disadvantage of displaying too much is that all of it gives hints of how the system is laid out. If instead OC doesn't work right, then we need to know version (danswano didn't say, dimko has 1.5.1.3), whatever you did to divert from pure OC (modifying it, not adding categories and products). (And viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53077 appears to be a quite different question.)

Guru Member

Post by xseon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:49 pm

butte, the problem here is not only that somebody wants to see the correct path to a product in the URL. The problem is that even OC itself doesn't know where we are currently when the URL has no path parameter in it. If the URL doesn't contain the full path to the product we're on, then modules like Category Module are not working correctly. That one will stay as if we are on the home page.

Besides, it is absolutely possible to use only one from the many categories the product is assigned to when creating the URL. In the perfect situation OC will let us point the one we would like to be used. In any case I consider the missing category path in the product's URL as a problem of OC that needs to be fixed.

Deeper and Better Category Module
Mass Product Price Change

Location - Bulgaria

Post by butte » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:51 pm

Given that search "didn't access products via home > category, but directly from homepage" (florinsith) and what one approach "does not fix is the URL in the address bar" (xseon), the limitations of the internal search engine itself seem to be arising here, whereas there would be a more basic problem if OC itself weren't working as a cart (apart from whatever its internal search engine does or not for customer convenience) or if public search engines couldn't relate content to the correct domain. The latter two problems aren't evident, are they (I'm asking)? Work on the internal search engine is certainly still ongoing but has not been a major preoccupation among other features of OC.

Guru Member