Post by Dcru » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi I'm jumping ship from oSCommerce and I like the look of OpenCart. One thing I need to be able to do is emulate oSC's ?lang=fr functionality and be able to create links that direct users to the store in a specific language. Is this possible in OpenCart?

I'm doing this cause I have seven sites hosted on country specific TLDs, each site is in the relevant language and has a store (currently oSC 2.3.1). The stores all have the same configure.php file so they're administrated from one admin panel. All the sites link to /Shop/index.php?lang=whatever so it shows the correct language for that TLD.

Many thanks in advance! I'm really hoping this is possible, I was so happy to see all the different option types available for products!

*EDIT* Just found the following suggestion from 2009;

Code: Select all

if(isset($_GET['language'])){
                $this->language->set($_GET['language']);
                $this->redirect($this->url->http('common/home'));}
The file it suggest to add this to (catalog/controller/module/language.php) doesn't exist though.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:06 pm

2 people in 2 hours asking the same question and neither using the search!
I guess osCommerce doesn't have a search feature on their site..

Welcome to OpenCart.. let us introduce you to search
https://www.google.com/search?q=languag ... encart.com

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Dcru » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Ahh I didn't see that one, if I had I wouldn't have been playing around with that response from 2009!

Can't believe it was so simple as well..... thanks! Easy to guess the answer to what would have been my next question as well (?currency=EUR).

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:09 am

Dcru wrote:Easy to guess the answer to what would have been my next question as well (?currency=EUR).
;) Bingo

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator