Post by merry » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:38 pm

The order edit system in 1.5.2 looks to be more elegant than anything I've ever seen. :-)

Just some operational questions for the documentation:

1. What goes in the "Customer" box? Screenshot below: Image

2. To Insert a new order, should the user FIRST create a customer record in SALES - Customers - Customers, OR is the CUSTOMER DETAILS Tab intended to create both the customer record and the customer order at the same time?

3. The payment method can be selected from the drop-down, and I set up PayPal for this test. Is the user to manually process the payment?

Thanks,
Merry

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas

Post by labeshops » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:46 pm

The customer field is an auto complete field. If you are entering an order for a customer that is already in opencart, start typing their name and select them from the dropdown and it will auto fill in the address information on file for them.

How did you get payment method to show? My payment and shipping methods just say "Please select" with nothing I can select.

Also I cannot add products to the order - I get a popup that just says "error" and no other info.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by merry » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Labeshops, thanks, I'll try that.

Payment and shipping method to show... that stumped me for a while too, I almost posted about it before I stumbled upon the solution. :-)

You must 1) set up payment and shipping methods fully and 2) add an item to the order that has sufficient stock. Then the payment and shipping methods will appear.

Merry

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Post by labeshops » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Well my shipping (free shipping and weight based are what I use) and payment options (paypal, credit card and money order are set up) are set up fully but I do not stock any items so this might be a problem :P

I have allow out of stock products to be ordered checked in settings, so why should the item have to be in stock to add it???

I tried apply the fixes in google code and now get a "page cannot be found" when trying to add products instead of just "error" but it still doesn't work. Tried adding one of my clearance items that I do have in stock, and gave me the same error.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by merry » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Hmm well, I had first tried using the FREE SHIPPING module in my test but it did not appear in the Order Edit drop-down shipping box. I added Flat Rate so both are enabled, and Flat Rate is the ONLY method that appeared in the drop-down box.

Then in payments I set up FREE CHECKOUT, Cheque/Money Order, Cash on Delivery AND PayPal, sequentially, checking each time, but ONLY PayPal appears in the drop-down as a method.

I just double-checked again to verify the above.

Merry

Post by Brook » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Unfortunatley I am not able to Add a Product or Remove a Product from an Order. Not sure what is going on. Can someone post any Documentation on the New Admin Order Editor? Anyone else run into this problem?

Post by merry » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:21 am

Brook wrote:Unfortunatley I am not able to Add a Product or Remove a Product from an Order. Not sure what is going on. Can someone post any Documentation on the New Admin Order Editor? Anyone else run into this problem?
Brook, I am working on this documentation now, this is why I started this thread. I maintain the user documentation on opencart.com and the official OpenCart 1.5 User Manual.

I will post an announcement as soon as it is complete.

Merry

Post by labeshops » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Brook wrote:Unfortunatley I am not able to Add a Product or Remove a Product from an Order. Not sure what is going on. Can someone post any Documentation on the New Admin Order Editor? Anyone else run into this problem?
Yup, I get an error when I try to add a product. Posted in another thread and no one has commented on it or a solution :P Pity since I really need to add orders to oc :(

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Brook » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Hope this post saves you and others some time. OpenCart 1.5.2.1 is not fully supported using Internet Explorer 8 as your browser. At least on my PC, turns out that I am able to Admin Edit Orders, add products to orders, remove products from orders using Google Chrome as my browser, but if I use Internet Explorer 8 I cannot edit orders, cannot add products to orders, cannot remove products from orders.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like OpenCart was developed with Google Chrome and maybe other browsers in mind. OpenCart is a great Product with incredible features! Google Chrome is a great browser, just wish that OpenCart was more compatible with Internet Explorer 8, since me along with a number of my customers use Internet Explorer. Just my 2 cents, but I wish that OpenCart was geared more towards the Customers of OpenCart. Great features should not be introduced if they are not cross browser compatible. If it is possible that Customers may choose to use Internet Explorer when shopping on an OpenCart website, and because of Microsoft's market share is not going away anytime soon (Internet Explorer), doesn't it make sense to support Interent Explorer as a browser? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense why a great feature like an Order Editor would be introduced and not have it fully supported by Internet Explorer. Go figure. Here is hoping that someone comes up with a solution that will be cross browser compatible :)

Post by labeshops » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:12 am

I use Firefox and get the order edit errors. I'll try one in chrome. I NEVER use IE so no clue there.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by baobei18 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:29 am

Hi,
I am playing around with OpenCart again and was delighted to find the updated version has the ability to edit orders. Just a few questions, if anyone knows -

Is there the ability to override the price of the products?
Is there the ability to override the cost of postage? I can see where you can change the postage/shipping type, but I can't see anywhere to override it.
Is there the ability to add a product not in the catalogue (we occasionally sell products through our website that aren't catalogued, don't want to have to catalogue a product that is likely to only be added to one order)? Ie manually add the name, price etc.

Looking forward to documentation :)

Location - Victoria, Australia

Post by weldsafelimited » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem as labeshops when trying to add products, on v.1.5.2.1, see picture below

Also there is nothing in the error log about this

EDIT: This happens in Firefox/IE/Chrome so it's not a browser issue.

Post by labeshops » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Glad to finally hear it's not just me! This has been driving me nuts!

I tried removing all vqmods and I get the same thing with just core files running. With the 926 or whatever number the patch is, I get the file not found issue as its trying to put https_catalog in the middle of the link and no idea where that is coming from.

I did test in chrome and the same thing happens.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by weldsafelimited » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Yeah me too, was looking forward to this new feature aswell. Hopefully the developers or someone can provide a solution soon :)

Post by weldsafelimited » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Anyone can help?

Post by torresmaeri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:29 pm

editing order on latest version (V1.5.2.1) doesn't work..at least on adding products to an existing order. can someone reply here who really CAN access this feature flawlessly? I can't...I tried all the obvious solutions but still won't work.. ???

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:16 pm

its already been fixed in the svn. its because your using ssl.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by labeshops » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:43 am

I installed the svn fixes and it doesn't fix it. I'm now desparate to get this to work since my former cart software died yesterday after my hosts did a php upgrade and I need to reconstruct my open orders in opencart.

I get file not found after doing the svn patches as it's mangling the link. I posted in another post about it.

I am no longer using shared SSL btw just have the main site with SSL.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by opencartrules » Wed May 02, 2012 4:06 am

Hi!

The new order edit system in 1.5.2 is a most welcome addition! Great work Daniel! ;)

I wonder, however, the following:

* How do we inform the customer about the changes? There is no Notify Customer box to check.
The system must have the possibility to send a new Order Confirmation

* There is no possibility to change/override the price of the products. Could that be right?

* Is there any way to change or override shipment costs? Maybe not so important but can be handy to have that opportunity.

Thank you!

Post by Avvici » Wed May 02, 2012 5:10 am

merry wrote:The order edit system in 1.5.2 looks to be more elegant than anything I've ever seen. :-)

Just some operational questions for the documentation:

1. What goes in the "Customer" box? Screenshot below: Image

2. To Insert a new order, should the user FIRST create a customer record in SALES - Customers - Customers, OR is the CUSTOMER DETAILS Tab intended to create both the customer record and the customer order at the same time?

3. The payment method can be selected from the drop-down, and I set up PayPal for this test. Is the user to manually process the payment?

Thanks,
Merry
Just as long as the "auto fill" is removed in the next. More than just I want to see it go to something less complicated to figure out and easier to use. It's already known that its sluggish, and cumbersome. I'm gonna keep harping on it! :laugh: I made a post about it in another thread concerning the same issue in RMA's. Hopefully it will just be a category selection that dynamically fills a select box with products tied to that category. This way you won't have to "guess" the letter of the product to get the auto fill to work, and it will be obvious what to do.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC