Post by indigo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:25 am

Hi There,

Am working with the affiliates module and when I'm in the admin area ----> affiliates ---- > their website is not shown .. I'd like to check out the affiliate website before I approve them.

So ... Is there a way to make the website field on the affiliate registration form required?
And also show in the admin area before I approve?

Many Thanks
Last edited by indigo on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by florinsith » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 pm

You could rename one of the fields requested at registrantion , to website (the company or adress2 field) and also specify somewhere that they also need to add the website.

My Extensions - SuperTheme - Opencart templates - Opencart modules

Expert Member

Post by indigo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi florinsith

I Used marvmens mod http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=28236 to add the custom required field and renamed it .. removing the other fields that weren't required .. that solution works well ...

Many thanks

Post by EyeWear Lashes Co. » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 pm

I've created 2 VQMOD files for anyone interested in fixing this bug in the Affiliates Admin Section.

Like the above post mentioned it is based on this post, http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=28236, and I have corrected any errors in the original source file.

These files let you review their website URL information in the ADMIN section and allows the affiliate, and administrator to input/update/save this data.

If you Require your customers to input a WEBSITE URL, download the first file "Affiliate_Fix_OC_1.5.4_Website-Required.xml"

If you want this input field to be Optional download the second file "Affiliate_Fix_OC_1.5.4_Website-optional.xml"

I have tested this only on OC version 1.5.4.1, but the it should work for default &Ccustom themes, as well as similar versions with the affiliate.tpl, model, & controller files intact. There's no need to create databases, as the website table is already present upon OC install.

Regards,
I.Kelly

Requires the affiliate to enter a website URL; if field is left blank an error message is displayed. Allows Admin to view/edit URL in back-end.
Tested on OC 1.5.4.1

Leaves the input of a website URL as optional; if left blank no error message is dispayed. Allows Admin to view/edit URL in back-end.
Tested on OC 1.5.4.1

Post by mmtgv » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:34 am

Hi,
I have tried on v 1.5.6.
When I register a new affiliate account the field website isn't mandatory, but at least it keeps the record (the default installation doesn't remember info in the website field).
In admin section, when I enter affiliate account, the website field is mandatory - that is, I can't save any edit on affiliate account if the website field is empty.
When I enter affiliate account and edit info, the website field isn't mandatory, but it records the data in it.
Are the affiliate.tpl, model, & controller files different than in v.1.5.4 ?