Post by adi_555 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:41 am

Can i know hows other store owners here manage to update their status from shipped to delivered? do they track shipments everyday by going to logistics company site and then updating status manually?

What about stores which has bulk orders everyday, how do they manage to check if the item has been delivered?

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:54 pm

I actually built a vendor system where my vendor logs in and updates the order status for me. So, when an order is first placed the status is "Pending Processing". Then it goes to "Pending Shipment" once I've sent it off to the vendor. Assuming there is only one vendor, the vendor logs in to their own vendor admin I created and updates the status to "Shipped". If there is more than one vendor it updates the status to "Partially Shipped" until the all other vendors have shipped their items at which point it'll automatically set it to "Shipped". I realize this is a custom solution but it might help give you some insight.

Otherwise, for a standard store, it really just depends on what options you have available through those that are shipping your products. If you do it inhouse then ideally you have your USPS or UPS integration update the status for you. If you have someone else shipping for you, ideally you automatically parse their e-mails and update the status, or you have an API for their system where you can check order statuses every so often with a cron job.

OpenCart Extensions, Technical Support & Custom Development | Have I helped you?

Location - USA

Post by adi_555 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:26 pm

How does UPS integration work with OC and is it already included by default? Maybe I can customize this integration as per my logistics company.

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 am

It would have to be a custom integration. OC comes with a UPS shipping quote module, but not one that will let you make shipping labels and communicate status updates. You should talk to your shipping carrier and see what options they have.

OpenCart Extensions, Technical Support & Custom Development | Have I helped you?

Location - USA