Post by Panther170 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 pm

After some editing of site, (Not by Me) all of the banners / slideshows / featured etc that used to appear on home page are now missing, i get top section with top bar and contents as should be there, and i get all the bottom section
but nothing in between.
I have tried all settings, and they compare with another site, (Just different content) anyone any ideas ?

Version is 1.5.x
To see what i mean www.artbygc.eu/shop

and one that works, with same settings (as far as i can see)
www.coastelect.eu/shop

This is driving me mad !

Post by Tcalp » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:05 am

From what I can see you've hardly made any changes (that are visible) ... I'd start over with the original template file for the home page, slowly move your custom content back in.

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by Panther170 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:51 pm

I have made no custome changes yet.
This is using the original template files

Further to this i have backup up data/images and moved to another opencart installation (fresh install)
did data restore, and exactly the same, so must be the data, but any idea what or where
Have tried turning everything else off for home page, and only enabling one, but still nothing !
nothing in error log either ?
So nothing, carousel / slideshow anything will appear in any page, but all images ok, products show

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:04 pm

This actually sounds like your layout route is incorrect. Make sure that your "Home page" layout is the same on both sites under SYSTEM > DESGIN > LAYOUTS

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by rfe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:37 pm

I was having the same problem and I think I found the solution.

Add a new layout in SYSTEM > DESGIN > LAYOUTS and rout it to common/home
I created a test and then from extensions Carousel or other modules I choose the layout I created and all back to normal.

rfe

Post by Panther170 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, i have tried all of them, and still nothing displayed as far as banners,carousel etc
top and bottom of page is fine.

Post by Panther170 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Further update.
I am getting an error 406 from the server on jquery.cookie.js
The file is there, and this did not change from working site to copying database from non working site
also copied all pictures

Anyone ?