Post by waldeeen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Hey,

Do I need a paypal mechant/business account or can i use the regular account?

And if I can, what is the downside by using regular account?

Thx :)

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 pm

You can use a regular for paypal standard, however for any of the advanced payment methods (like integrating paypal pro) you will need a merchant account

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by waldeeen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 am

But if I choose the standard, can people pay with Visa and Mastercard then?

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:25 am

They can on the paypal site yes, not on your store, though you do need to enable an option to show it by default on the paypal payment page (there's a thread on here somewhere about it but I forget where sorry)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by azrinsani » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey, i have question..

Why on earth would any merchant setup a paypal premier account then?
The paypal standard account can also receive money + there is no transaction costs like the premiere account

Post by labeshops » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 pm

It depends on which of the paypal features you want to use and how professional you want to appear to customers.I use Website Payments Pro to process credit cards. A Business Premier account is pretty much expected by customers when you have a business and makes you appear more professional. Paypal also provides additional support for premier members which has come in handy several times and a debit card which I do not think is available on a personal account (I haven't had a personal account with them in years).

If you are just starting out, sell primarily on Ebay or occasionally, a personal account might be all you need. But as you grow and expand, the Business Premier account is the way to go.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA