Post by ejbrowny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi everyone,
In advance - many thanks for your kind help!

I'm using Opencart Version 1.5.1.3.
I've recently installed a second template to my site (changed my mind about the first) and now I'm receiving blank pages all the time. Most confusing for a novice like me. I've obviously overlooked something, or not added a file to the root folder but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, my error logs are as follows:

2012-01-27 12:49:25 - PHP Notice: Error: AUTH LOGIN not accepted from server! in /home/sites/simpleblessings.co.uk/public_html/opencart/system/library/mail.php on line 225
2012-01-27 14:29:22 - PHP Notice: Error: AUTH LOGIN not accepted from server! in /home/sites/simpleblessings.co.uk/public_html/opencart/system/library/mail.php on line 225
2012-01-27 14:38:26 - PHP Notice: Error: AUTH LOGIN not accepted from server! in /home/sites/simpleblessings.co.uk/public_html/opencart/system/library/mail.php on line 225
2012-01-27 14:42:10 - PHP Warning: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/sites/simpleblessings.co.uk/public_html/opencart/system/library/mail.php on line 161
2012-01-27 14:42:10 - PHP Warning: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to :25 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in /home/sites/simpleblessings.co.uk/public_html/opencart/system/library/mail.php on line 161
2012-01-27 14:42:10 - PHP Notice: Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (0) in /home/sites/simpleblessings.co.uk/public_html/opencart/system/library/mail.php on line 164

These errors all seem to do with my Mail - as I'm having difficulty trying to get Gmail to work in Opencart.
I'll probably revert back to another email address if Gmail won't play ball.

But the blank pages are worrying me. I don't understand what I've done wrong?
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks guys :)
Emma

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:07 am

Hi Emma

Do you have the same issue if you switch to the default theme?
By the sounds of it, your hosting doesn't allow for fsockopen to be used (some hosts restrict this for security reasons)

Kind regards
Jay

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by ejbrowny » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:39 am

Hi Jay,
Thanks so much for your kind help - yes, I'm afraid I still get the same problem if I switch to the default theme. I've installed two extra templates (as well as the default), it was when I installed the second template that I'm now getting this 'blank page' problem.
The front end of the site is okay, apart from when you submit emails through the contact form, or try to submit an online order.
I'm at a total loss!
I'm willing to pay for someone's generous help, any ideas how I can rectify what I've done?
Not much programming knowledge I'm afraid, but trying to research and fix the problem I've caused.

Cheers Jay :)

Post by Pittman » Wed May 02, 2012 2:40 am

Well, after WEEKS of having my company's IT tech look into server settings, me researching countless sites, and a ton of other things we looked into....this is how I resolved it for us.

In the "Settings" area, under the "Mail" tab.....first select "SMTP", then make sure that the "SMTP Host" is set to the same thing you used when setting up the core install. For example, I used "localhost" when setting up the core install, therefore, it was necessary to put "localhost" in the "SMTP Host" area rather than "incoming.domain.com" or "mail.domain.com"

Everything works fine with my forms/email now. Try that and let us know if that works for you.

See attached screenshot.
Settings.png

Settings Screen Shot - Settings.png (128.76 KiB) Viewed 1233 times