Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm having real problems... none of my customers can access there accounts with each one being told there login credentials are wrong when they know them to be right. I've looked at the customers accounts and all seems fine and 'Enabled'. Any idea's to what's happening?

Im running Open Cart 1.5.1.3

Cheers in advance

Mark

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Ok i've been testing an account i have a password for and it seems that during registration, the password the customer enters is not being saved so when they try logging in, there getting a failed response. If i enter the password again through the 'customers' drop down, its successfully logs in. How can this error be fixed?

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I am also able to reproduce this problem from time-to-time as I thought I was the only one encountering this event. The solution is to go straight to your catalog/model/account/customer.php file and to

find:

Code: Select all

public function addCustomer($data) {
add after:

exit;
Then, you should see an error message appearing from the trigger event. If so, what is this error ?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks for the reply, ill have a look now. Could you specify 'trigger event' .. im a bit of a noob so ..

Where do i add 'exit;' ?

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Trigger Error: Generates a user-level error/warning/notice message

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Ok thanks, where do i find this error message?

Also i need to know exactly where to put this text.

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 pm

The instructions are above and the error should appear automatically once you re-submit the registration form. As for the log-in form though, it would be in your catalog/controller/account/login.php file

where:

if (!$this->customer->login($this->request->post['email'], $this->request->post['password'])) {
      		$this->error['warning'] = $this->language->get('error_login');
    	}
add after:

exit;
Although, I would highly suggest you try one instruction at the time and, again, to test this out on a test folder if you're already running a live site of OpenCart.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Ok as soon as i try to create a new account i get

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXIT, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/demon24/public_html/catalog/model/account/customer.php on line 2

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Please post your catalog/model/account/customer.php file as an attachment.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Many Thanks

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm

This attachment is what was instructed above.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks mate, i am sorry im not the best at this. What exactly do i do now to get this error code?

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Redo the registration process again and once you submitted the form, you will notice a blank page (intentionally). If so, you should see an error message on it. If not, go to your admin - > systems - > error logs and see if there are added error messages since your form submission.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Ok screen was blank with no error code.

Ive attached my error log screenshot

Looking at the times.. no errors were logged either :S

Attachments

error log.jpg

error log.jpg (611.19 KiB) Viewed 962 times

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:12 pm

The error, in your case and according to the error logs, seem to be about the zone_id not being sanitized correctly.

I've attached a VQMod file. Upload it to your vqmod/xml folder then try the registration process again.

Attachments

Last edited by straightlight on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Ok mate do i revert to the original customer php

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Yes, you may revert this file now. Once the form re-launched, take a look again at the account's password and also take a look at your error logs again from the admin.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Also fixed a typo from the XML, sorry. Download the file again before re-launching the form.

Edit: Download one more time, I really posted this file too fast it would seem. :/
This time is the right time.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Raintopia » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Ok registration was successful for a test account and a log out and back in was also successful. Hopefully that has sorted it. Is it normal that no password is shown in the customer dialogue page. Example shown..

Do i need to do anything else?

Attachments

2012-01-15_153013.jpg

2012-01-15_153013.jpg (44.08 KiB) Viewed 947 times

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Yes, that is normal. For security purposes, passwords aren't re-shown to the customer and I hope it will remain this way. :)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON