Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Only the root level can create the session directory per domain.

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hexodis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:32 am

For those of you using GoDaddy as your hosting provider you need to call GoDaddy support to fix this issue.

If you are having problems when speaking to the support technitian, tell them that the Temp folder above the root directory is missing.

They will need to recreate this folder which will in turn create a session directory. They will most likely need to speak to the tier 2 help desk to get this issue resolved. Let them know it is not an issue with opencart but if they can check on the directories above root. That will point them in the correct direction to get them to the proper conclusion quicker.

Post by connectgo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 am

Just wanted to add, this was kind of a struggle to convince Godaddy it was the problem with their server, however, what I did, which further showed me, and them, that it was the server's problem, was do an auto-install on my account of wordpress in a different folder, and go to a post, and attempt to upload an image, similar error happens. Screen shot both and use the explanations above, and hopefully they will figure it out, may take a little while, there are probably 1000 support reps there. Thank you to those above who are smart enough to know this is what was causing the issue.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Can't we create that session directory by ourself?
The session directory is strictly host based.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by modmyairsoft » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm

I found a solution to this problem. I use FileZilla and went into Shop/image/data and deleted the files through the software and then transferred over the images through FZ. IT WORKED!

Post by robster » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:00 am

I had this problem today that when trying to upload an image using image manager I got the "Warning: Please select a file!" error. I was using a third party addon that replaces the core image manager so I disabled that but still got the error.

After three hours and just about at the point of losing my cool I suddenly realised that the reason was that I had run out of package disk space on my server. As soon as I increased the package disk space everuthing worked again as normal.

So just in case this helps I thought I would post it here to perhaps somebody else having a near meltdown.

robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK