Post by ultraspoon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Ive noticed that someone already made a post on this just under 12 months ago but no reply.

However I am quite interested in this, how would you go about displaying certain products outside of opencart, such as on another website? Is it possible?

Thank you

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:06 am

You could use an RSS feed or you could just connect directly to the DB and grab the items you need.

This one shows the latest products:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=1540

This one lets you create one for categories, specials or brands:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3949

OpenCart Extensions, Technical Support & Custom Development | Have I helped you?

Location - USA

Post by ultraspoon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi d7a7z7e7d,

Thanks for your reply, I might go with that RSS feed to be honest, it seems like the easiest, and most efficient route, plus I get to help out UKSB a little bit for his efforts.
I have emailed him asking to enable that RSS feed on his demo store so I can check it out so fingers crossed.

Just incase that is not really what Im looking for, do you know anything about SQL, im not to great with it myself. I know how to connect to the database and I do have an idea of how to grab things from it but im a little stuck on how to do it with opencart.

You see, I dont want to grab all items from the DB, only products from a specific category. Could you or anyone point me in the right direction with a spot of code please?

Thank you for advice

Post by d7a7z7e7d » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Good news, I found an extension for a RESTful API, which would be the proper way to go about this. It's a little bit bare-bones but it does come with some sample functions like getProducts() and looks like it's exactly what you'd need, with some minor modifications. Check it out:

http://opencart.hostjars.com/opencart-rest-api

Basically you'll just need to write a getProductsByCategory() function, which I could help you with, and then you'd just access the data by cURLing the URL: http://www.example.com/index.php?route= ... ByCategory

OpenCart Extensions, Technical Support & Custom Development | Have I helped you?

Location - USA

Post by comprido » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:34 pm

With this query (you can customize easily) you'll be getting 10 latest products from store_id 0, category 230, manufacturer 17 with "keyword" to build nice SEO friendly links to your store. O0

Code: Select all

SELECT `oc_product`.`product_id`,`name`,`description`,`image`,`keyword`FROM `oc_product`
LEFT JOIN `oc_product_to_category`
   ON `oc_product_to_category`.`product_id` = `oc_product`.`product_id`
LEFT JOIN `oc_product_description`
   ON `oc_product_description`.`product_id` = `oc_product`.`product_id`
LEFT JOIN `oc_product_to_store`
   ON `oc_product_to_store`.`product_id` = `oc_product`.`product_id`
LEFT JOIN `oc_url_alias`
   ON (`oc_url_alias`.`query` LIKE  CONCAT('%',`oc_product`.`product_id`,'%'))
WHERE `oc_product_to_category`.`category_id` = '230' AND `oc_product`.`status` = '1' AND `oc_product`.`date_available` <= NOW() AND `oc_product`.`manufacturer_id`='17' AND `oc_product_to_store`.`store_id` = '0'
ORDER BY `oc_product`.`product_id` DESC LIMIT 10

Pedro Martin - websitesbuilder.com.au
Checkout my free extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... r=comprido

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:55 pm

comprido wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:34 pm
With this query (you can customize easily) you'll be getting 10 latest products from store_id 0, category 230, manufacturer 17 with "keyword" to build nice SEO friendly links to your store. O0

Code: Select all

SELECT `oc_product`.`product_id`,`name`,`description`,`image`,`keyword`FROM `oc_product`
LEFT JOIN `oc_product_to_category`
   ON `oc_product_to_category`.`product_id` = `oc_product`.`product_id`
LEFT JOIN `oc_product_description`
   ON `oc_product_description`.`product_id` = `oc_product`.`product_id`
LEFT JOIN `oc_product_to_store`
   ON `oc_product_to_store`.`product_id` = `oc_product`.`product_id`
LEFT JOIN `oc_url_alias`
   ON (`oc_url_alias`.`query` LIKE  CONCAT('%',`oc_product`.`product_id`,'%'))
WHERE `oc_product_to_category`.`category_id` = '230' AND `oc_product`.`status` = '1' AND `oc_product`.`date_available` <= NOW() AND `oc_product`.`manufacturer_id`='17' AND `oc_product_to_store`.`store_id` = '0'
ORDER BY `oc_product`.`product_id` DESC LIMIT 10
In order for that to happened, the remote platform on the same domain must either use PHP PDO which can take a great amount of socket resources between environments, or maintain the same database resource (less suggested unless using a dedicated fully managed server). Alternatively, the data could be feed by using the same catalog model product: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=220903#p805005 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON