Post by adi_555 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi,

1. http://www.xyz.com?tracking=1234567890, will this url cover tracking of all the products within that browser window? is it possible that we permanently set the session? so that even if browser is reopened it still keeps trace(not until browser cache is cleared) :)

2 - We do not want to give cash to users who are referring. Instead, on successful referrals, we want to manually send them coupon codes so that they can utilize it. So can we disable the commission thing?

3 - Is it possible to set customer into multiple customer groups?

Please suggest.

Post by grgr » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:47 pm

1. It is done by cookie which is set for 30 days I think. You therefore have no control over this (i.e. use can clear cookies).

2. You don't have to provide cash but you will still need to use the commision system as it will credit the affiliates account. Rather than sending cash you can send vouchers, all you need to do is change the sign up form and remove the payment options.

3. Shouldn't think so, the system wouldn't know what to do - what price would get shown to someone in multiple groups?

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Location - UK

Post by adi_555 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:59 pm

grgr wrote:1. It is done by cookie which is set for 30 days I think. You therefore have no control over this (i.e. use can clear cookies).

2. You don't have to provide cash but you will still need to use the commision system as it will credit the affiliates account. Rather than sending cash you can send vouchers, all you need to do is change the sign up form and remove the payment options.

3. Shouldn't think so, the system wouldn't know what to do - what price would get shown to someone in multiple groups?
Hi thanks for your reply,

So the cookie is set by default? which means a user closes and reopens the browser and still tracked for referrals? also for customer groups, what if there is a special category which is only visible to customers in different group, which means if we change the group of particular customer, that user will not be able to see any product price outside the group? or still they can view the default price across the store?

For commission, can we set the amount instead of %?

Post by Gorilla » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:07 pm

i was looking at the affiliate system and would love to add a store credit option to the affiliate program. how many and which files would i have to edit to make this happen.

mike = http://www.gorillagear.ca

Post by KennyK » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:39 am

Was thinking the same thing. any modules out there that can do this?

Post by Digmen1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:37 am

Slighty OT but..

Has anyone been able to get any affiliates ?

I have not yet.

And yet you keep hearing about people wanting to make money on the internet.