Post by kellyrnh » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 am

Version: 1.5.1.3

I am doing a Multi-store, and works great. What I want to know is this: Can I create user groups that allow users to see content (i.e. Reports) for only a specific store?

For instance, if my main store is "The Store" and I have another store called "Acme", if I create the user group "acme" then I can set permissions for users in that group to only see my Acme store info, not "The Store" info?

Thanks!!!

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:07 pm

In admin it is not possible by default.

OC Multi-Stores are meant for one store owner to have multiple shops, but they can see all details on all stores in all sections that they have permission to access.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by kellyrnh » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Anyone know how I could make this happen? I really need it.

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:30 pm

There is no easy way. There were some mods for 1.4.x I'm not sure if anyone has completed any for 1.5.x yet. They are expensive mods because it's a very difficult thing to do.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by fastuning » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 am

im also interested in it

Post by RpOpenCart » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:14 pm

I've recently installed a multi store setup and is right now testing it to discover what the buy offs are.

I discovered that the admin panel don't support creating shop dependant users only allowed to see, what concerns a single shop, but is allowed to see all orders coming from other shops too.

So, I started searching this forum and stumbled upon this thread, which is now quite old.

It looks like the multi store setup is made to handle a single shop owner having more shops as mentioned also in this thread.

This is not quite what I'm looking for, I need a multi store supporting different shop owners and multiple shops, that are not able to see each other sales.

So, has anyone provided a solution/mod for v.1.5 of OpenCart here 2 years later? And or discovered any more buy offs when using the multi store setup.

I need a multi shop setup that can separate the contained shops from each other, because my current solution running each shop separately is resulting in major 'time-waste' setting up/keeping everything updated when more than 10 shops should be maintained. Is there any 'known' limitations, bottlenecks or overhead here, if I intend to migrate the complete setup to a scalable cloud hosting? I've talked to a hosting company that would only recommend setting up two shops pr. hotel

I'll start searching the extensions section to see if anything shows up.

Please feel free to share your experience.

Post by RpOpenCart » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Tables containing Store relations

SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_NAME
FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
WHERE COLUMN_NAME IN ('Store_id')
AND TABLE_SCHEMA='OpenCartDBNAME';

TABLE_NAME
prefix_category_to_layout
prefix_category_to_store
prefix_customer
prefix_information_to_layout
prefix_information_to_store
prefix_layout_route
prefix_manufacturer_to_store
prefix_order
prefix_product_to_layout
prefix_product_to_store
prefix_setting
prefix_store

Comments:
Remark! Store with id 0 is not visible in multi store setup. (might just be used as master / admin, with all over access)
All orders and order lines are related to store through the order header.
All products is related to store in table product_to_store
Edit! Extensions is not working individually for each store in a multi store setup, but only for the first store with id 0.
It might come in handy to add a new table company, to allow mapping several stores together to share products and some not to share products, if this can't already be handled from user settings.
Edit! Remark company and company id is already in use in table address.

This will enable supporting a complete store chain with several stores.
The user settings should also identify whether one ore more store should act as master store (store HQ), eg. a master store is allowed to append new products and prices to the stores, while the dummy stores are more controlled in their behaviour and allowance.

Tables missing store relation, if you want to enable some multi to multi store setup, identified so far.
prefix_user_to_store

And maybe a prefix_company table too, see comments, Edit! but maybe named differently to not mix up with table address.

Post by RpOpenCart » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:58 pm

This thread mentions a lot and more of this stuff

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=100

But development of this mod seems to have stopped recently.