Post by JAY6390 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:53 pm

My vQmod won't do that for those URL's. I do have a commercial mod that does those URL's however

ImageImageImage

SEO MEGA KIT PLUS - Get your site ranking higher in the search engines
Better Product SEO URL's - Perfectly structured product links
SEO URL's Route Editor PRO - Make ANY url on your site have clean keywords - even third party extensions (remove index.php)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mkp007 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 am

LaurenceLord wrote:I'm pretty sure you can achieve this by enabling "Use SEO Keywords". Do this via the admin screens:
SYSTEM>SETTINGS> edit your chosen shop > SERVER>"Use SEO Keywords">YES

You may also need to add a keyword for each of the pages, which you probably know are under:
CATALOG>INFORMATION
Yes, I know that you can do the ones listed in the CATALOG>INFORMATION section. But there are several others that are not listed there such as "contact us".

So there may be commercial mods that do this, but is this even worth doing??

Vorticy, Inc.
Opencart 1.5.6.4, MySQL 5.1.73-5, PHP 5.3.3-46, Plesk v12.0.18, OS CentOS 6

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:26 am

The reason for doing so is pretty much just aesthetics because the pages themselves are not going to be worth SEO work

ImageImageImage

SEO MEGA KIT PLUS - Get your site ranking higher in the search engines
Better Product SEO URL's - Perfectly structured product links
SEO URL's Route Editor PRO - Make ANY url on your site have clean keywords - even third party extensions (remove index.php)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by LaurenceLord » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 pm

mkp007 wrote:
Yes, I know that you can do the ones listed in the CATALOG>INFORMATION section. But there are several others that are not listed there such as "contact us".

So there may be commercial mods that do this, but is this even worth doing??
Oh yeah. You're quite right. Personally, I turned "contact us" off, or removed it from the template files (can't remember which) and then I added a new page called "contact us" in CATALOG>INFORMATION. The only others I can think of are search results, cart and checkout pages. Personally I think those all look fine with the more technical looking URLs. For that matter so does contact.

Laurence Lord
Creative Developer

http://laurencelord.co.uk

Location - London, UK

Post by jdiai » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Alex28 wrote:To date I've not been able to remove index.php?route=common/home Is anyone willing to help me with this ???
try this extension http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3802 it worked for me. i use opencart 1.5.6 i downloaded the 1.5.4 version of the extension and it works like a charm. works with vqmod though.
index.php?route=common/home becomes /common/home
index.php?route=account/login becomes /account/login
index.php?route=checkout/cart becomes /checkout/cart
index.php?route=information/contact becomes /information/contact
etc... hope this helped ;D

Post by aus10 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:37 am

vq mod works like a charm thanks.

Post by pawan.kaushish » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Dear All,

i have facing big problem with manufacturer SEO url's.
i have set the product, category and manufacturer SEO url's. but product & category url's working fine. and manufacturer url's not working. error is "The page you requested cannot be found"; can you help me to short-out this problem.

thanks & regards
Pawan

Post by storm-cloud » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:20 pm

JAY6390 wrote:I do have a commercial mod that does those URL's however
Jay, would you be able to confirm if this mod will generate valid URL's and automatically replace the ampersand with a question mark correctly?

For example, if the URL was example.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=999999.

Will it become:
example.com/account/order/info?order_id=999999

Or:
example.com/account/order/info&order_id=999999

I have been looking into many solutions. Some that automatically truncate index.php?route= and others that require manual setting of each route. However, none seem to generate valid URL's in these circumstances.

I am happy to purchase your extension if you can confirm the above.

Post by PraveenKaushik » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Hi Everyone.. can anybody tell how can i remove the index.php?_route_= from every url.. as the url also works without this. For eg :

My url is : https://www.example.com/index.php?_rout ... pe-Pendant which is also working as

https://www.example.com/Designer-Star-Shape-Pendant

Please help...