Post by obiwahn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:34 am

Hi there,

I duplicated the default theme folder, renamed it to start my own theme (I did nothing else, in the admin-panel there is still the default theme selected). However since then when I open my shop I get the following error:

[function.require]: failed to open stream: (/www/htdocs/w00e8dcc/catalog/view/theme)

The system/engine/controller.php loads some .tpl files from the catalog/view/themes/default folder. But then it tries to open a "null"-file, i.e. it tries to open a folder.

I must have wrecked a list where the controller gets the .tpl files from and there could be a null entry?
Someone any idea?

The full error is below.

Thank you in advance.

Warning: require(/www/htdocs/w00e8dcc/catalog/view/theme) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such device in /www/htdocs/w00e8dcc/system/engine/controller.php on line 63Warning: require(/www/htdocs/w00e8dcc/catalog/view/theme) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such device in /www/htdocs/w00e8dcc/system/engine/controller.php on line 63
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/www/htdocs/w00e8dcc/catalog/view/theme/' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/w00e8dcc/system/engine/controller.php on line 63

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:26 pm

did you rename the folder 'theme' to something else ?

the structure should be: catalog/view/theme/*

* should have 'default' folder and also your new theme folder inside it

i.e.

catalog/view/theme/default
catalog/view/theme/yourtheme

Your header.tpl in your theme should have some changes to reference your new theme's stylesheet etc

catalog/view/theme/yourtheme/stylesheet/stylesheet.css

etc

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Qphoria » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Are you running vQmod?
Be sure you have the latest version from vQmod.com
I think there was some bad earlier version that wasn't handling paths correctly and would just show the folder path

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by SXGuy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 pm

there are also a lot of paths inside some of the files in the new theme folder which should be changed also.

you need to replace every path with /default/ included to the name of your new theme.

Post by obiwahn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Found it!

(But was really hard to track down this one)

I accidentally deleted some of the last lines of header.php (I wrote a new menu code):

if (file_exists(DIR_TEMPLATE . $this->config->get('config_template') . '/template/common/header.tpl')) {
$this->template = $this->config->get('config_template') . '/template/common/header.tpl';
} else {
$this->template = 'default/template/common/header.tpl';
}

Now everything works fine.

Thank you!