Post by JasonF » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi,

I'm in the process of porting some stores over from Cre Loaded to OpenCart. Before I spend too much time on the templates etc. I want to make sure I can achieve most, if not all of the functionality the current stores enjoy.

I would like to have either all of the products showing on my front page (I already have this) with the ability to sort them, or a page with all of the products listed that has sort options.

You can see how I'm using it on one of my current stores here, try the "All T-Shirts" drop-down menu.

The Cre Loaded product sorting I coded myself but I'm having difficulty getting it to work in OpenCart which I'm still getting to grips with. Does anyone know of a way to achieve this? Or a free or commercial add-on that will do what I require?

Thanks,

Jason

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Jason

This is probably what you'd be looking for
http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/allprod
It's 1.4.x only at present, but shouldn't be able too difficult to upgrade to 1.5.x if that's what you're wanting to move to. Getting all products to show at once is fairly straight forward too, you just need to change the default per-page option to show more than your current product count

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JasonF » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks, I already tried that but couldn't get it working with 1.5.1.

I don't suppose there's a guide out there for converting modules from 1.4.x to 1.5.x is there?

[edit] Never mind, I found a guide for that in one of the stickies, I'll give it another go.

If anyone has another solution in the mean time, feel free to post :)

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 am

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by JasonF » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:26 am

I've given it a good go but I think there are just too many incompatibilities for a PHP novice like myself.

Any other help or suggestions would be welcome.