Post by eccorals » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:54 am

I really want to rewrite the code in the product.php to put a "starting at" instead of the text "price" on products with options that choose a price. So far i changed a couple things to make it say "starting at" all the time.. but i really would rather have done only if there are options. I tryed putting the command "if $options" . but im not really sure where to start since there are already if's and else's for price. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im also interested in changing the 'add to cart' button on product list pages if there are options to choose instead. and also say "starting at" before the price.

thank you

Location - New Zealand (Tokomaru, Palmerston North)

Post by Jeremy Fisk » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:12 am

Hello,

Please see attached vqmod to do it for you (please note that this only changes the text on the product page)...

I am sorry I don't quite get what you mean by what you say here:
eccorals wrote:Im also interested in changing the 'add to cart' button on product list pages if there are options to choose instead. and also say "starting at" before the price.
If you could post a picture it would be most helpful...

Also... I am just presuming that your language is english, hence you want to modify the english version?

Chears

jem

Attachments

Try this dude

If i have helped... please click here to donate

Bookstore Mod
QuickShop Module
Restricted Access - Compulsory Login
Template Override - Category Specific (vQmod)
Template Override - Brand Specific (vQmod)
How did you find out about us register question mod
Compulsory Login vQmod
Brands In Top Menu
zoom - Product Image - Auto on hover

Location - New Zealand (Tokomaru, Palmerston North)

Post by eccorals » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:55 pm

hey jem thanks for the info., but i already switched "price:" to "starting at:" , on my own.. I dont want it to be there all the time though. i only want it to say starting at if the item has options. right now im just trying different things in controller/product/product.php, and view/product/product.tpl. but nothing is working becuase i really dont know enough to make it work. i was trying to make an if/else script for it.

as far as the products when they are viewed in the list. i really want it to look like this

IF the products has options attached to it.. it displays like the top product

IF it has ho options it displays like the bottom one.

thanks again

Post by aurevilly » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:39 am

We've done this modification for our system based on OpenCart. We will release it as an addon sometime soon on the OpenCart Marketplace.

If you need this asap, you might want to contact me in private message.

Cheers,
aurevilly

Location - Sherbrooke, Canada