Post by dpsnw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:23 am

I have an opencart 1.5 site up, and I have just realized that whenever someone who uses any version of IE seven or less, they get a "Operation aborted” error message when they try to open my site. I searched Google trying to find an answer, and a guy online said in order to fix my issue, the jQuery code had to be wrapped by $(document).ready(function() {}); . I tried going into each javascript file and adding this to every one but so far it hasn't fixed the issue. Any help? Thanks!

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:38 am

this has been fixed. there are missing files in the slideshow and people with seo urls causes it too loop.

upgrade.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by dpsnw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:00 am

Problem is, I have hard coded a lot of stuff into my website, so to upgrade may not be a good idea. Do you know which files I should look at that need to be fixed? I tried getting rid of the slideshow altogether to see if that would fix the issue by going into the slideshow.tpl and deleting everything inside, but I still got the error.

Post by webpie it. » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:16 am

Regards

Chris

Post by AmandaLeighOC » Thu May 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi

Currently running 1.5.2.1
I'm getting this error on the product pages when testing internet explorer 6. IE 7 is fine.

SEO URLs enabled.

Any ideas on what to do?

AmandaLeighOC

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu May 17, 2012 6:32 pm

AmandaLeighOC wrote:Hi

Currently running 1.5.2.1
I'm getting this error on the product pages when testing internet explorer 6. IE 7 is fine.

SEO URLs enabled.

Any ideas on what to do?

AmandaLeighOC

Simple solution: Don't use IE6, nobody supports such old browsers!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by AmandaLeighOC » Thu May 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm indeed tempted to say blast it. But I think it may be something relatively simple, just outside of my knowledge base. It's only happening on the product page. If I just new which code to wrap...

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm

AmandaLeighOC wrote:I'm indeed tempted to say blast it. But I think it may be something relatively simple, just outside of my knowledge base. It's only happening on the product page. If I just new which code to wrap...
In general, for the product page, it is the catalog/view/theme/your-web-theme/template/product/product.tpl, and the stylesheet is catalog/view/theme/your-web-theme/stylesheet/stylesheet.css.

But seriously, don't waste your time on IE6. The OpenCart template is fine, so is the stylesheet, IE6 is the one that has so many bugs and security holes.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member