Post by Brum26 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I have browsed the forums and seen a few people asking questions about groupon modules etc but not what I am looking for.

I am not looking to setup a groupon style site but instead I have agreed to promote one of my products on one of these sites.

Now my question is, is there an easier way to deal with the orders when they start coming in? I was thinking of maybe a system where the customer enters their groupon code at checkout on my site, pays the postage and then I just deal with the order as normal.

Has anybody else ever sold items through groupon and dealt with the orders through their own opencart site?

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by goosenic » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:52 pm

We are looking to do a similar thing.

We are promoting our store on Groupon / other daily deals sites. And the daily deals site will supply us with a batch of Code numbers / coupons that people have bought.

We need to be able to import these code numbers/coupons into the COUPONS section or GIFT VOUCHER Section of Opencart.

Any one have any ideas how to do this, it will possibly be 1000s of individual numbers.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:43 am

Post by karma » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:17 pm

*Bump*

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Post by billyggla » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 pm

You could add the codes using sql.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 am

Post by wildtech » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:10 am

HI

In my last job, I had to quickly enable a groupon redemption page in another web cart system.

Groupon do not give you a list of accepted codes and security codes, The client is to enter their code and 'security code' and you provide these pairs to Groupon to get paid. AS it was done in a hurry, we manually checked if there were no duplicates but would have a table next time and check if already used. Some people obviously entered their codes several times in the hope of getting more for free.

We created a php page with form data with address, codes and Product Selection (we had a choice of 2 products) and inserted the data into the Web systems as a new Web Order so it would come through the system like all normal orders.
I also had it email a copy of the page Form data as a safety.

Hope this helps.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by hubba » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:26 am

I worked around this problem by using the Fund transfer option. Modify a few language file and it has been operation for a while.

I also provide step by step guide for users: http://tinyurl.com/d8wted4

But It is still not elegant enough though.. 80% of the customers can still redeem their coupons.. but the other 20% is all email followup work and it kills when it starts to get busy.

I hope for another module just like the fund transfer module (should be easy to make one but I dunno how!) .. but instead put it as a Deal Redemption option. ( see my step by step guide step 6 & 7 to see what I mean).

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:13 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests