Post by ccM » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been searching the forums and haven't been able to find anything about this. I need to implement something that prevents Coupons from discounting the 'Group Discount' price set up in the store. Currently a coupon for 20% off for example will take 20% off the VIP Group Discount price, meaning that they are getting two discounts. Basically we need it to give 'either' the Group Discount Price or the Coupon Price. Every item in the store has a default and VIP pricing so there is no quick way around this.

I have seen a few other mods that prevent coupons on specials (Q) and best price for special vs discount (UKSB) but not for this.

I have only been working with OpenCart for a month so good chance that I am overlooking something obvious. If anyone could point me in the direction of posts that might help or the best way to go about it I would really appreciate anything you can do. I am using 1.5.1.1.

Cheers, Mandy

ccM

Location - QLD, Australia

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:31 pm

ImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ccM » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:26 pm

uksitebuilder wrote:This any good ?
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=910
Hey Simon thanks for the quick reply! I don't think that will do the job as the coupons need to be for logged or not logged. I might ask the developer some questions though just in case.

Basically the store owner wants to be able to put out a coupon for 25% off, for both registered and non-registered customers. The Discount group prices range from 10-40% off original price so when looking at a 25% off coupon we need to make the coupon apply only when it is best price compared to the discount price.

Hope that make sense. I might have to bite the bullet and start working on testing some code! I think this is an important feature, most businesses that I know try to offer best price as their policy and have multiple offers available at one time.

Thanks again ;)

ccM

Post by mberlant » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 pm

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has developed an extension that can intelligently decide whether a coupon or discount offers the lower price and then choosing the better offer. There is a big reason for this, as I have described in several other threads.

Discounts (and specials) are adjustments to a product's price that are applied prior to placing the item in the Shopping Cart. Coupons (and gift vouchers), on the other hand, are adjustments to the amount of money to be paid which are applied after the contents of the Shopping Cart have been finalized.

It would be quite a feat to create an extension that could iterate this process for each item in the cart in order to decide the best price for each item.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by ccM » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:35 am

Thanks for the advice mberlant and Simon, I really appreciate it. I realised this was not going to be easy but I cannot give up on this one. If you think that it is near impossible, especially for an Open Cart newby like me than perhaps I need to approach it differently.

Do you think it would be easier to modify the coupon model to read the list price subtotal instead of the logged in subtotal? Hence not best price but normal coupon price? Just an idea. I am going to start digging around now.

Anyway thanks for your time, love that those in the know on this forum are so generous with their time.

Cheers

ccM