Post by nyltak » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:19 am

using 1.5.x

I am providing free shipping to my customers on all my products, I would like to beable to skip the shipping delivery options step in checkout. I noticed the guide for earliar versions of OC but I doubt they apply since the versions are so different?

basically it just looks dumb when the checkout says "choose a payment method" and there is only one choice, then says "choose a shipping method" and it is one choice of free shipping.

On a side note, it would be nice, since the versions are so different that the forums didn't return all this useless information to help me with outdated versions.
Last edited by nyltak on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:04 am

I don't think anyone has come up with a way to do it on 1.5.x yet. Messing with the checkout in 1.5.x is quite complicated.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by nyltak » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Well someone wrote it, didn't they?
what happens when you click the continue button, isn't there a way to autoclick it so to speak?

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:35 pm

when you click the continue button it calls a javascript which calls another javascript which calls another javascript etc etdc etc it's very complicated now. I think at the point you are wanting you are probably about three levels deep in the javascript.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by nyltak » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 am

so my temporary satisfactory fix to this was to change the wording on each segment. the shipping segment contains information on the delivery methods and logistics, and the payment segment contains relative information regarding security and processing. so at least they have something to read now when they go thru the clickfest of checking out.

Post by mfive » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:56 am

This is not a resolution, but rather a band-aid for the worst checkout experience I've dealt with yet. Why overcomplicate something that shouldn't be so complicated?

Barf. I'm going to try and start digging into these levels of code to try and get better functionality out of it. I'm not optimistic...