Post by Cablekevin » Thu May 28, 2009 5:00 am

Hey, Just fresh on this board, sadly not with a happy face. I've got a install of opencart runnign on my webserver ( opencart version: 1.2.8 ) and i'm really starting to get a lil bit pissed. On the nice admin panel you can browse to : Admin -> Configuration -> Setting and there you can "disable" cache... The only thing is, i don't think it is working to well, i've seen someone here on the board that had the same problem but no concrete awnser came out. I've been looking arround for other webshop software but opencart is just one of the best out there in my opnion, but if the systeem keeps caching things, i'm a lil bit out of control, i can delete my cache, but the files keep returning in their old state, and i have no clue how to demolish the caching or, were the files keep comming from. Please help me out of this mess, i really want to start working on my webshop.

Post by Daniel » Thu May 28, 2009 6:16 am

caching can not be stopped.

i shall remove this option in the next version.

why do you not want caching? it sppeds up performance.

Administrator

Post by Cablekevin » Thu May 28, 2009 7:03 am

Daniel wrote:caching can not be stopped.

i shall remove this option in the next version.

why do you not want caching? it sppeds up performance.
Thnx for the quick reply, i found what my problem was. I mislinked something. For the most online things i really hate caching it allways works out agains me (caching)... Would be nice if it's gone or it could be stopped in the next version. I stay with what i said, opencart is currently the best thing out there!

Post by allsop » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:30 pm

Probably a dumb question, but I'll ask anyhow. Are there any cache files written to the database?

Thanks.

Post by phpuk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:38 am

No there is no cache save to database tables

Global Moderator

Post by allsop » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:36 am

Thanks. I didn't think so, but I wanted to make sure.

Post by primareksa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi Daniel, i found problem from image caching.
When the folder of image\cache is full i cannot upload my images at all.
And in the main page appears failed to open stream: Disk quota exceeded in /home/mani/public_html/busi/upload/system/library/cache.php on line 39
I have to delete all file in the cache first then it can be normal again. Tell me the solution for this problem? can i set automatic delete the cache file?