Post by Locian » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 am

I am new to open cart and I wondered if it is possible to allow customers to publicly share their wishlist with friends. I don't know how this can be done, the user can choose from a list who can view his wishlist or he simply click to make the wishlist public. Even this can be another option rather than a wishlist and the user can set the things that he wishes for.

The reason I am asking is that I want to enable shower lists and birthday wish lists and stuff like that to my site but I don't know how.

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:32 pm

On my list of extension to make, check back in a couple of weeks

ImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by kellyrnh » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:15 am

I'm also very interested in this option. I really need to be able to publicly share wishlists as well, any idea when this feature will be available? Thanks!!

Post by z3ther » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:35 pm

I would also love to know when this feature is added!

Post by puregeod » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:53 am

Interested in this as well

Post by Kaethen » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm extremely interested in this as well!!

Post by Kaethen » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:13 am

I'd definately be willing to pay for this as well.

An with christmas coming I'd also be happy with a simple send by email plugin!

Post by radu » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:07 pm

I was also looking for a free mod to enable sharing the wishlist publicly and allow admin to see the customers wishlists, and I found one available for 20$ if you have the budget: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... =hellsmash
I haven't bought it or used it, but from the comments it seems support for it is quite good and it has some additional features as well... If you get it Kaethen, i'd be happy to hear back from you on how it worked for you...

Post by IBBoard » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Is there any progress on this? Anything that isn't a paid-for extension? Given that 1.5 now includes "Wish List" as a core feature, it seems silly that you have to pay some 3rd party to actually make it useful. At the moment I can't see much point in having a wish list that users can't share.

Worse, users will probably just guess at how to share it, copy the URL and send it, at which point others will see an empty list and the customer will then complain that stuff is broken.

Thanks.

Location - UK

Post by IBBoard » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:14 am

Thanks. I've had a quick look and it looks good. The one thing I'm planning to change is how it references the right wishlist in the URL. using first name is unnecessary and liable to breakage (e.g. if someone put Peter but decides they want it to say Pete instead).

I'll post my version when I'm done, but as I've just accidentally wiped all of my modified 1.5 code from my test site (curse you, rm -rf!) then it'll be a little while.

Post by grgr » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:28 am

I added the first name just to stop people trolling through wish lists and it was quick and easy and obviously the name is in the all the queries ready to use - it's pulled from the db so you don't get the choice.

If just the id is used then you can look through all the wishlists, with the second bit of information that gets stopped.

That was the reason for doing it, how valid that reason is, or how necessary, I don't really know, just seemed like a good idea at the time.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by IBBoard » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:33 am

True - I didn't think of it that way. From that point of view then it is useful. What I'm thinking of (assuming it works) will be slightly less memorable (although is a user ID really memorable anyway?!) and should work on just some unchanging bits of data while still preventing people skimming lots of wishlists for people they don't know.

Post by rubembastos » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:31 am

The share function worked just fine.
Would it be easy to have a 'search' function on the main page?
Perhaps search using the user´s email to find his/her wishlist?

Post by rubembastos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:15 am

I made a very rough search field , using php code but Im not really used to Opencart structure (model, controller, etc)
Basically I made a search field (emailsearch) which calls a php page that validates and does the following:

$emailcheck = mysql_query( "SELECT customer_id, firstname, wishlist FROM customer WHERE email='$emailsearch'" );

if (mysql_num_rows($emailcheck) == 0) { //No e-mail found. There´s a code to return to previous page
}

else { // returns the customer´s WL page
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($emailcheck);
$id = $row['customer_id'];
$name = $row['firstname'];
echo "<script>window.location.href='index.php?route=wishlist/shared_wishlist&id=$id&name=$name'</script>";
}
I know there is an easier way to connect to opencart db without using mysql_connect and mysql_select_db everytime. How do I do that?