Post by gmchat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:37 pm

When a new customer signs up they do not receive an notice informing them. The notice that goes to the store owner is as follows:
Welcome and thank you for registering at Empress Q!

Your account has now been created and you can log in by using your email address and password by visiting our website or at the following URL:
http://empressq.com/index.php?route=account/login

Upon logging in, you will be able to access other services including reviewing past orders, printing invoices and editing your account information.

Thanks,
Empress Q

How do I get this to go to the customer and have the email going to the ower give customer information?
*Version 1.5.1.1*
Last edited by gmchat on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Lao » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:50 am

It would be nice for Admin to have a detailed email about a newly registered customer: full name, address, phone number, IP address. Otherwise I don't see the point in receiving this email when a customer registers.

I'm still using 1.4.9.3 and I don't receive any emails when new customers register themselves.

I'm testing 1.5.1.1 and today I made a test about registering a new customer and I received the same email as above. Is there any way of changing this?

I'm using Open Cart 1.5.4.1 on http://www.importpieseauto.ro

Lao

Location - Craiova, Romania

Post by mberlant » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 am

The point of the simple email when a new customer registers is so that the admin can visit the store to inspect more detailed information if he/she deems it necessary. Since OpenCart only uses one "store address" for all email functions (Yes, that is a worrisome limitation.), it is very common for an ordinary clerk to have responsibility for managing that mailbox and for forwarding incoming messages to the appropriate responsible person. Because of this, it would not be wise to allow any sensitive information to be broadcast via email. Also, broadcasting a customer's sensitive information via email, which this customer submitted in confidence via SSL encryption, would violate the customer's privacy expectations and would likely violate consumer privacy laws of your country.

As for gmchat's original problem, which appears to be totally unrelated to Lao's, it is very hard to zero in on the cause of your particular problem without knowing more details of your environment. For example, are you using the default template? If you have installed a custom template, did you confirm beforehand that this template is specifically compatible with version 1.5.1? Does the store behave the same when you temporarily change back to the default template?

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by gmchat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:08 am

mberlant,
Yes, I am using the default template. I created a customer account using my Hotmail address. I never received an email to that address stating the account was created. I receive it to the store admin account address.

Post by Pittman » Wed May 02, 2012 2:43 am

There is a module that allows for this functionality. Click on "Extensions" on the menu above and browse thru them.