Post by ObiDon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:17 am

I am running OC 1.5.0 on a linux server over at bluehost.com. It would seem that the OC mail function is not working right on my setup. I do not get notified of new orders or customers and my customers do not get any notifications. From the Administration panels Sales/Mail I have been sending test messages and as always, there is a positive response saying that the mail was sent but nothing ever arrives at the other end.

I've tried using the SMTP settings as well as the php mail function with the same results. Mail in all the other applications on this server work just fine..like phpBB, Wordpress, Concrete, etc. I see there are quite a few posts regarding mail issues but I have not had any luck finding an answer that works in this case.

I really like OC and want to get this working so any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Don

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 am

Choose 'Mail' in the settings

In the parameters box below enter

-fyou@youremail.com

The dash F is important

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm
Location - United Kindgom

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:44 am

I just read back that dummy email address I entered above.

My intention was not to be crude - Honest :)

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm
Location - United Kindgom

Post by ObiDon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:22 am

uksitebuilder wrote:I just read back that dummy email address I entered above.

My intention was not to be crude - Honest :)
;D

It's still not working for me. I can get email from the contact us form and that's it. No new order or new customer emails. And customers never get email. I'm stumped! There's no error messages anywhere...it just looks like it sent the mail but never does. ???

Thank you for the suggestion though. It's great to have some help!

Don

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by uksitebuilder » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:25 pm

And you have email alerts ticked in your system -> settings

Before I figured the my Mail problem using that extra parameter, I was using SMTP

All I entered for SMTP settings was localhost as the host. No user/password and default port 25

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm
Location - United Kindgom

Post by ObiDon » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:48 am

Thanks again Simon. I have the boxes ticked for the notifications. Still no love. Is it weird that the Contact Us form works but nothing else? Does it use a different bit of code maybe?

Don

PS... Another thought here...my server default SMTP port is 26...not 25. Would that make a difference when using "Mail" instead of SMTP?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:57 am

Mail uses PHP sendmail which would be configured serverside.

The scripts are slightly different for contact form to order confirmations in what they contain, data, logo etc but they use the same class/methods.

If your version is 1.5.0 only I would seriously advise upgrading to at the least 1.5.0.5

It may help to download 1.5.0.5 and do a compare against your files to see what is different, especially regarding the mailing and I'm certain there are numerous other bugfixes.

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:37 pm
Location - United Kindgom

Post by ObiDon » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:05 am

Just when I was about to give up, it starting working. In the parameters box I capitalized the -f and it worked... ;D

So instead of:

-fadmin@domain.com

I used:

-Fadmin@domain.com

Yeah! Thanks again for the help!

Don

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Post by shiokguy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Dear All
I am using 1.5.1.1
My Order notification all work fine, except when I want to send email to customer using Sales ->Mail

I did testing to the same email address.. Order confirmation and Register mail all works fine except Sales -> Mail

This is what I get: -

<html dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head>
<title>Testing</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body><p>
<strong>Test</strong></p>
</body>
</html>

The about email account received the order and register confirmation email fine,

Please guide me.. :)

Regards
ShiokGuy

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by barnabas » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:56 am

the capitol F made all the difference. What a shame something so important was not adequately explained. Judging from my analytics reports I've missed a lot of emails.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:14 am

Post by Geri345 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:57 pm

it really was that simple ;D

never thought of using a capital F...should be better explained in the next version. but thx it helped me a lot and saved my skin :)

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Post by yorgol » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:23 pm

I also use the bluehost and install the OC 1.5.2.1 , and using the same setting as ObiDon , but I never get the the message from contact us or the new customer or new orders.

anyone can help me ?

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 am

Post by rph » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:55 am

Don't use SMTP. There's a reason the settings tell you to only use Mail unless it's been disabled.

-Ryan


rph
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 am
Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by adabob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:15 am

For all those who want to know the correct email "Mail" sending inputs I have added them below for hosting with 1and1

Go to ADMIN>Settings>Mail

Use Mail Protocol: MAIL
Mail Parameters: -Fyouremail@domain.com (note the capital F, no space in front of your email address)
SMTP Host: localhost
SMTP Username: youremail@domain.com (just your email address)
SMTP Password: use your password used to get your email with your host
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Timeout: 5
Select YES for New Order Alert Mail
Select YES for New Account Alert

You can also add any other email address you want to get emails for the above in the box below, separate them by , comma

Thanks to all who helped resolve this, I'm just making all the answers in one post

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 am

Post by yorgol » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 am

rph wrote:Don't use SMTP. There's a reason the settings tell you to only use Mail unless it's been disabled.
but the mail function is can't working :(

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 am

Post by yorgol » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:38 am

adabob wrote:For all those who want to know the correct email "Mail" sending inputs I have added them below for hosting with 1and1

Go to ADMIN>Settings>Mail

Use Mail Protocol: MAIL
Mail Parameters: -Fyouremail@domain.com (note the capital F, no space in front of your email address)
SMTP Host: localhost
SMTP Username: youremail@domain.com (just your email address)
SMTP Password: use your password used to get your email with your host
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Timeout: 5
Select YES for New Order Alert Mail
Select YES for New Account Alert

You can also add any other email address you want to get emails for the above in the box below, separate them by , comma

Thanks to all who helped resolve this, I'm just making all the answers in one post

tried to set as you list in the bulehost, it's still down, it can't work for my website, it's very sad .

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 am

Post by rph » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:18 pm

yorgol wrote:
rph wrote:Don't use SMTP. There's a reason the settings tell you to only use Mail unless it's been disabled.
but the mail function is can't working :(
I know for a fact it works on Bluehost.

-Ryan


rph
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 am
Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by adabob » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:51 am

yorgol wrote:
adabob wrote:For all those who want to know the correct email "Mail" sending inputs I have added them below for hosting with 1and1

Go to ADMIN>Settings>Mail

Use Mail Protocol: MAIL
Mail Parameters: -Fyouremail@domain.com (note the capital F, no space in front of your email address)
SMTP Host: localhost
SMTP Username: youremail@domain.com (just your email address)
SMTP Password: use your password used to get your email with your host
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Timeout: 5
Select YES for New Order Alert Mail
Select YES for New Account Alert

You can also add any other email address you want to get emails for the above in the box below, separate them by , comma

Thanks to all who helped resolve this, I'm just making all the answers in one post

tried to set as you list in the bulehost, it's still down, it can't work for my website, it's very sad .
I'm using 1and1 Business package and using the above settings and its working. Double check your settings, try the other port numbers listed on you control panel in 1and1 for email. Do you get an error when you try and send mail or register as a customer from the home page?

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 am

Post by rph » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:48 am

Settings are often specific to servers.

-Ryan


rph
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 am
Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by AO222 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:16 am

I am having the same issue with sending customers mails within OC, I have tried all that was suggested and used the perimeter (-Femail@domain.com) and changed the SMTP port to 25 and even the port # my hosting provided but still not receiving any mail when sent from within OC. I have no problem receiving orders and inquiries from contact us but cant seem to figure out the issue with sending mail from OC. Please can someone help with any suggestion, this is driving me crazy..... ???

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:51 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 87 guests