Post by shoo002 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Hello All,

I have upgraded to 1.5.1.1 and have setup a banner with 2 slides on it. The problem I am having is that when I first go on the page http://www.hungaryfish.com/ the banner seems to show both the slides one on top of the other for a short period of time then goes back to how it should be. I have looked and I cant see that I have duplicated it in my banners section. Can anyone help me with this issue please.

Thanks
Stew

Post by uksitebuilder » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Try removing the brands module as all I see are the navigation arrows and it may be conflicting with the slideshow.

Also, if after upgrading, slideshow was already installed, you will need to uninstall it and re-install it. This goes for the other extension/modules

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by shoo002 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Hello uksitebuilder,

Thankyou for your reply, I deleted both the banner module and the slideshow module then re-installed both again all within admin-extensions-modules.

Its a fresh 1.5.1.1 install. When I use just the slideshow module it works perfectly but when i disable the slideshow module and use the banner module it throws up both the slides then quickly jumps back to normal again.

Any other ideas

Thanks again for your help

Stew

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:38 am

Why use the banners instead of slideshow?

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by TrentRamseyer » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:39 am

Hi Stew,

What is occurring is the Javascript is not active on initial load, so all images show at one time.
To make the Banner Module appear as the Slideshow does modify the following: (use slideshow as reference)

controller\module\banner.php
Add the following lines around line 11

Code: Select all

$this->data['width'] = $this->config->get('banner_' . $module . '_width');
$this->data['height'] = $this->config->get('banner_' . $module . '_height');

template\module\banner.tpl
change the first line

Code: Select all

<div id="banner<?php echo $module; ?>" class="banner" style="width: <?php echo $width; ?>px; height: <?php echo $height; ?>px;">
This will set the width and height on page load before JS takes over control and make it purty.

Trent R.