Post by teratyke » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Great - thank you I'll use that when I get my version up to date.
Rob

Post by spitos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Rob,

I spoke a little bit too soon and just spotted an error.
When I go to the final sub category page which lists the products I receive this:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /sites/xxxxx/r/xxxxx/sites/xxxxxx/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq-catalog_controller_product_category.php on line 162
The line it is referring to is (all on one line in file):

$image = $this->model_tool_image->resize($result['image'], $this->config->get('config_image_category_width'), $this->config->get('config_image_category_height'));
It doesnt seem to stop anything from working as such but is displaying the error.
Any ideas?

Cheers

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by spitos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Ok fixed the issue.

The last operation is to insert the code after:

$product_total = $this->model_catalog_product->getTotalProducts($data);
But there are two instances of this. The error is happening after the second instance which isn't necessary.

Changed this:

<file name="catalog/controller/product/category.php">
<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[
$product_total = $this->model_catalog_product->getTotalProducts($data);
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$image = $this->model_tool_image->resize($result['image'], $this->config->get('config_image_category_width'), $this->config->get('config_image_category_height'));
]]></add>
</operation>	
<operation>
'href'  => $this->url->link('product/category', 'path=' . $this->request->get['path'] . '_' . $result['category_id'] . $url)
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
, 'thumb' => $image
]]></add>
</operation>	
</file>
To this:

<file name="catalog/controller/product/category.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[
$this->data['categories'][] = array(
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
]]></add>
</operation>	
<operation>
'href'  => $this->url->link('product/category', 'path=' . $this->request->get['path'] . '_' . $result['category_id'] . $url)
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
, 'thumb' => $image
]]></add>
</operation>	
</file>
Complete file:

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by CamboKev » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:20 am

Hi

I'm really sorry, i'm new to this xml thang.

I'd really like to add picture categories too. But i'm not sure where i add the code ???

I've opened <file name="catalog/controller/product/category.php"> but can't find the code to update inside.

Can someone give any quick bullet point guide to adding this code.

Thanks in advance, OpenCart is the business...

my dev site after hours for the lady is: http://gator1554.hostgator.com/~winnie/ ... ry&path=20

cheers!

It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it, and I don't know why.

Location - London

Post by SVN » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:49 am

Thx,
works great !
Last edited by SVN on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SVN

Post by teratyke » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:56 am

Hi cambokev
First of all do you have VQMOd installed with your site? Its free and easy and it makes edits like these simple and safe. I can't recommend its use highly enough.
See here..
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ilit=vqmod
There is a download link in the first post of that topic. I'm sure it will be worth the effort installing it now for the hours it will save you later!

What OpenCart version are you using?
Thanks
Rob

Post by SVN » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi,

I encounter an error.

When clicking on a (sub)category the pictures show, so that is working, but the products are gone. Doen anyone have the same problem ?

SVN

Post by teratyke » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:27 pm

I don't get that. There ere two versions of the mod in the thread above depending on which version/svn you are on.
Have you got a link to your site?

Post by SVN » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:54 pm

teratyke wrote:I don't get that. There ere two versions of the mod in the thread above depending on which version/svn you are on.
Have you got a link to your site?
I'm using the XML from the post of 27-07-2011.
It's difficult to explain, but the mod does what it's suppose to do, only does my products disappear.

http://www.poortautomatisatie.com/garag ... ndraaiend-

SVN

Post by teratyke » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:59 pm

What OC version are you on? The mod you have applied was created when spitos applied a svn to the base install of 1.5.1.1 (I think that is correct). I suspect that those svn's will be applied in a later release, when that happens you will need to use that version.
Maybe just try the other mod as per my earlier post dated Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 am that is the one that I'm using on 1.5.1.1
THanks
Rob

Post by SVN » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:04 pm

teratyke wrote:What OC version are you on? The mod you have applied was created when spitos applied a svn to the base install of 1.5.1.1 (I think that is correct). I suspect that those svn's will be applied in a later release, when that happens you will need to use that version.
Maybe just try the other mod as per my earlier post dated Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 am that is the one that I'm using on 1.5.1.1
THanks
Rob
None of the other XML's work.
Clean OC 1.5.1

SVN

Post by teratyke » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Odd. Is there another vqmod affecting those files - anything in your vqmod error log, or can you post the cached versions of the modded files?
Rob

Post by CamboKev » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:44 pm

teratyke wrote:Hi cambokev
First of all do you have VQMOd installed with your site? Its free and easy and it makes edits like these simple and safe. I can't recommend its use highly enough.
See here..
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ilit=vqmod
There is a download link in the first post of that topic. I'm sure it will be worth the effort installing it now for the hours it will save you later!

What OpenCart version are you using?
Thanks
Rob

Thanks Rob I will sounds great. I've very new and using 1.5.1... cheers

It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it, and I don't know why.

Location - London

Post by CamboKev » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:24 am

Hi Rob

installed VQMod and so glad I did. Had the same issue with category images with stock not appearing but i just installed one of the previous versions you posted and all systems go.

thanks for your post, looks great: http://gator1554.hostgator.com/~winnie/ ... ry&path=20

do you have any other vqmods?

Cheers! :)

Location - London

Post by teratyke » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:14 am

Glad you got it working.
I've used vqmods for almost everything (actually I think everything) - some I have got from the forum, but most I have written to meet my own needs (I cant take all the credit for the code though). I have..
  • one that loads my stylesheet so I can customise the css without having to worry about updates overwriting my css - I've dropped the rounded corners changed the buttons, lined up the buy buttons in grid view etc
  • one that makes various language changes, eg all cart to basket
  • one that limits my sagepay payment method to only GBP customers (thanks qphoria)
  • adds my postage mark to invoice so i can fold and stick on packaging, no need for stamps
  • remove all the category counters
  • reconfigure the route sorting so that you can position modules on specific pages
  • remove checkout links and direct to cart (for voucher entry)
  • enable big_selects for exporting the database using the free import/export tool
  • change list view - long descriptions and moves things about a bit
  • change the default sort order
  • remove the - from the categories module
  • move the order of the review when in grid view (so buy buttons line up)
  • change the sideshow settings to fade and delay of 3 seconds
  • the sub category images
  • grid view by default (thanks to UKSB)
  • add a watermark
they are specific to my site, but it would only take a tiny bit of change to make them, apply to yours. If you want any just let me know, some i've posted elsewhere, but some are a bit to specific to be of general interest. Perhaps best to pm me to stop this thread going off topic. my opencart site isn't live yet hence so many mods - its incremental changes for me!
Thanks
Rob

Post by hyuman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:38 am

where am i supposed to paste this codes?
I am a beginner:))))

Post by teratyke » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:48 am

Post by jomeza001 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:10 pm

I tried all of the four files and the only one that worked for me is the first one.

Thanks!!

Post by favfan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:56 am

[removed]
Last edited by favfan on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by jomeza001 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:24 am

don;t see what issue you are talking about. Looks good to me.