Post by melaniebund » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:46 am

Hi
I am trying to create a shop that sells photos and each photo/product will be sold in 4 different sizes, is there any way to adapt the data of each product/photo to accomodate this?
thanks in advance
Melanie

Post by melaniebund » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:19 am

Is there no way to work around this? Have had no reply from anyone?

Post by mberlant » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Could you perhaps explain in greater detail what it is that you are trying to accomplish. I am quite sure that "adapt the data" means something quite specific in your head, because yours is the head that has been banging against the problem all this time. Unfortunately, we are not intimately involved with the history of your problem as you are.

So, here are a few questions to start you out:

Will all of the photos be sold in the same four sizes?

Will all of the photos be sold at the same price point for each of the four sizes?

Do you think that a drop-down box with "choose your size" options and prices might suit you?

Do you think that Related Products might suit you?

- - - - - - -

Why don't you try to put a little more meat on the description of your goal? Just tell us in plain English what you want the customer's experience to look like. I'm sure we can get a discussion rolling then.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by melaniebund » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks for your response. I would like to sell photographs, in different categories eg. moments, people, cities...
Each photo you can buy in 5 different sizes - A0, A1, A2, A3, 800x600 pixels for internet. So yes if a drop down size option would be appropriate - but i would not like to have to repeat approx 800 photos in different sizes, and i am assuming that i have to add these new sizes to the database in the product_option_value table? and somehow change the product.php script? which is alot of work and wondered it there was a simple workaround or a template available along these lines that i could adapt...
thanks
melanie

Post by mberlant » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:51 pm

If they are all available in the same sizes, and especially if each image is the same price in each size, the easiest way to set up one Product as your template product and just copy it to make your next new Product. In this manner everything is already set up except for linking the new product to the appropriate category and pasting in the appropriate sample image for the Product page.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by melaniebund » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:47 pm

yes but each product has x amount of sizes and each size has diff. price, i dont want people to have to choose by size but by producct (photo). So if i set up 1 product as a template product there is only one size and price in product data fields, i need 5...

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:45 pm

I dont think I am understanding this correctly

In OC 1.5.x there are product options to do exactly what you want to do.

In admin

Catalog -> Options

Create a new option called Size

Add the sizes you will be selling (in your case 5 sizes)

No prices are added here as this is just a kind of template for your options.

Next either Create or edit a product in catalog -> Products

On the options tab, start typing the word 'size' in the box shown and your size options template should show.

Click it and then start adding your available options to that product.

You can also add the prices for each size here.

Hope this helps

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by melaniebund » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:33 am

this sounds so easy - dont have "create new option" in dropdown - i have Version 1.4.9.4 - will try for an update
thanks alot

Post by melaniebund » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:02 am

hi
thanks alot - had lots of probs with the 5x - but your suggestion worked
thanks again

Post by michalzwro » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:54 pm

informations here were very usefull because I will be also creating shop with photos, I have small pictures and big panoramas.

Greetings from Poland
Michal and wirtualne wycieczki

Location - Polska

Post by garethirvine » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm in the same boat!!
ok now we have established that we can give people the option to select a different size of the same product and it will be a different price what about the pricing aspect, I DO NOT want my customers to see that for standard product it's 50p but for the next size up it's +25p (onto the price of the standard) how yucky is that.
I want my customer to see in the dropdown that for example:
A4 - £5.00
A3 - £7.50
A2 - £8.00

or a text box with this information, either will look good..
any thoughts?
Please help.. thanks..

Post by andrew222 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:16 am

How about something like this? http://www.tropicscene.com

or this product in particular with the option choice.
http://www.tropicscene.com/standard-siz ... aui-Hawaii

Doing it this way you don't actually set a product price as it just makes things complicated, well for my brain anyway ::)

Add the price to the option and as mentioned in a previous post set up templates for each so you can reuse them. I can't work out how to remove the + symbol in the option list but can live with it. I'm running OC Version 1.5.1.3

Also the gift certificate thing is a total pain in the rear with the theme image not showing in the emails or checkout which makes no sense what so ever so I'm going to try making 'product' gift certificate's and perhaps apply them as store credits.

Andrew

Post by garethirvine » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:42 pm

That's pretty much spot on, we just need to find a way of removing the plus(+) sign..

There's is another query we have, not sure if anyone has any ideas on this.
Quantity discount, if you buy 5 or more the price is a little cheaper. so we can show almost like a price table
for eg..

A1 size - £5.00each - (5+ £4.50each)
A2 size - £10.00each - (5+ £9.00each)

Thanks

G

Post by Cookie1974 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi, is there any way to add a product code to each of the options?

I want to sell inkjet paper in A4, A3 and A3 plus pack sizes. Each pack size contains different quantities of paper and so has a different EAN/product ID for the warehouse.

An example would be:

A4 Gloss Paper
25 Sheets = £12.95 (APJ50812)
50 Sheets = £19.95 (APJ50814)
100 Sheets = £36.95 (APJ50815)
600 Sheets = £211.95 (APJ50818)

A3 Gloss Paper
50 Sheets = £19.95 (APJ50814)
250 Sheets = £36.95 (APJ50815)

A3 + Gloss Paper
100 Sheets = £19.95 (APJ50814)
300 Sheets = £36.95 (APJ50815)

The product ID for the selected option/s would need to appear on the order so that it can be fulfilled.

Can this be done??

Post by amaterissimus » Sun May 13, 2012 1:41 am

uksitebuilder wrote: In admin
Catalog -> Options
Create a new option called Size
Add the sizes you will be selling (in your case 5 sizes)
No prices are added here as this is just a kind of template for your options.
Next either Create or edit a product in catalog -> Products
On the options tab, start typing the word 'size' in the box shown and your size options template should show.
Click it and then start adding your available options to that product.
You can also add the prices for each size here.
Hope this helps
Thanks!
It works for me. I just created a new option "weight" added all values (100gr, 500gr etc) and everything start working just I needed it.
All the best!
Amaterissimus

Amatören den Glade (sjunger hellre än bra)

Post by screwtape123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:34 am

so yes if you follow catalog > options > size and add the different sizes and the also add the prices associated with the sizes everything works well - but if i set the price of my main product the size add on this price, which cant be right. how do i have the prices subsitute the default price and not add to it. i dont want to set it to zero either as this appears on the front page as zero:

http://liomihair.com/pav_bikestore/quickstart/

Post by raj79 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Hello Its working fine .

But we want when we select any option from drop down , display cost will automatically updated in display.

Please guide us how Can we do this.

Online Grocery shopping in delhi

Location - Delhi

Post by codeice » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm looking at a variation of this issue -
1. selling lots of images, each configured as an individual product.
2. each image is a unique size/aspect ratio which means that it's not practical to set up some standard sizes in Admin/Options as desribed earlier in the post. These unique sizes would be added as each product is created at backend.
3. for each product we need to show those multiple unique sizes as purchase options on the product page (front end)

Is there a solution or extension that might perform this task?

thanks