Post by Dana » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:18 am

Hi, I was wondering whether it'd be possible to get automatic updates from the supplier, right now the shop is running on Prestashop and once a day the supplier updates products and such via XML file, all I need is to click on a link to activate it and it would update prices and such.

Thanks!

Post by justinv » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 am

Hi Dana, I have a couple of modules designed to do this, CSV Import PRO from a CSV file, and XML Import PRO for XML. You can check out the links in my signature for more info.

Thanks

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by Dana » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:42 pm

That looks great! I have a question about images. After importing a product, do I have to upload all images one by one and assign them to a product or is it done automatically some way?

Thanks!

Post by justinv » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:04 am

It's a combination of the two. You can upload your images using an FTP server, and then you just link to where they are in your CSV or XML file. The module imports the location to the database and images will work correctly done this way. Full instructions are included with the module to help with this part of the process.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN