Post by Cigs » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:43 am

..except when you search for something /index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=keyword

Any ideas on how to SEO this into simply.. /search?

Post by piyushshekhar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:00 am

derykmarl wrote:Thanks for this.

I wanted a vqmod solution as we're using the CMS/news/blog addon which also mods the seo_url.php file and making hard coded changes in combination with this seemed unwise.

But I wasn't keen on the vqmod-only mod that has been posted (which doesn't use a database, and results in urls like "account/account" and "information/contact-us" instead of "account" or "contact-us") and would've preferred amdev's database solution in vqmod format.

So I wrote a vqmod xml using amdev's code, attached (hope it's ok to share, gave credit for the code). All you have to do then is include it in your vqmod/xml directory and run the "INSERT INTO url_alias" SQL commands that uksitebuilder contributed a few posts back.

Confirmed working alongside the newsCMS mod.
Works like a charm :D

Post by ravikandel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Thank you!
The code and method is awesome! Really like it!

======================
Graphics, Web & everything in between
http://www.nepalmedia.com

Post by creativec » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 pm

So there needs to be an extension to the cart or coded by hand it sounds. I am a novice to the cart. Where are the files that need the code modified?

Post by Klimskady » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:04 am

I am hoping someone will be able to help me out, as the following problem has had me pulling my hair out and still no further on to knowing what to do!

I have bought the Blog Manager extension and added the default route and keyword to the url_alias in my database as I have with other pages that needed it (all of which but this work brilliantly) but even though the blog pages have the correct keyword showing in the database and the admin, the address is still showing as the old non seo friendly url, yet when I type in the seo friendly url it takes me to the same page.

I am geussing that in the seo_url.php file in catelog>controller>common needs something adding as the blog uses this for the category pages categories?category_id=* (* the number of the category) and this for the articles article?article_id=* (* for article number)

Can anyone help me get this to work so that the seo friendly url is the one that is used please?

Post by Klimskady » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Can anyone help me with the above post? Or show me how to modify the SEO_mod.xml file to add the urls of /category&category_id and article?category_id=1&article_id=1 so it follows the same ideals as the route on there currently does so that when i then add them to the database it changed them to the name of the article and the category?

Post by maffe » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:33 pm

amdev wrote:Hi all, there r
many peaple PM to me some problem about captcha code when they use my mod.

This is a new code (I'm tested with latest SVN r680 and work fine!!!).

update tested with 15131 with my site http://www.punbbthailand.com/ work fine!!!
Your workarround works as a charm on 1.5.1.2 (I have a running shop with it)
But i have also a shop on 1.5.1.3 and with your latest code, some url's work and some not.

With account/account i get error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/htdocs/strapnwrap/catalog/controller/common/seo_url.php:1) in /usr/local/www/htdocs/strapnwrap/system/engine/controller.php on line 28Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/htdocs/strapnwrap/catalog/controller/common/seo_url.php:1) in /usr/local/www/htdocs/strapnwrap/system/engine/controller.php on line 29

Also the same with account/order
Do you know more at this moment about this problem?

Location - Lelystad

Post by envong » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks a lot for all of you.

I use the vqmod xml file and insert the SQL. And now, it's working.

But, another question, anyone can help rewrite the tag and search pages to seo friendly urls?
The details as follow:

Tag pages

from http://www.domain.com/index.php?route=p ... g=keywords

to http://www.domain.com/tag/keywords

Search pages

from http://www.domain.com/index.php?route=p ... e=keywords

to http://www.domain.com/search/keywords

Please, please help for this.

Post by MrTech » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Rebecka wrote:...But why does it say /information/contact and only /about_us? Why is information before contact?
I've been searching the forums for an answer for a while now and this is the closest I've come to someone else asking the same question, yipppee for me! I'm using oc 1.5.1.3 with seo turned on as well as the deadcow seo extension and everything works marvelously. With seo turned on all the information pages work just fine with basic URL like this:

Code: Select all

www.mystore.com/about_us
www.mystore.com/shipping
www.mystore.com/payments
Except this weird little quirk that Rebecka mentions above where the contact us page can only be linked this way:

Code: Select all

www.mystore.com/information/contact
Looked at the files inside the deadcow seo extension and nothing jumps out at me as being the cause of this abnormality. Having said that, I'm no programmer so I just don't know for sure.

I know, I know, it's a minor irritation but none the less would someone be kind enough to point the way? Is there a file that would allow me to figure out why oh why /information/ must be used in the seo friendly url for the contact page and no other pages? I mean it must have been overlooked as it's the only page requiring this longer url.

Thanks for your time...

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by Superior1 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:29 am

Hello

Really interesting and long running post. I've read right through and also been looking at other posts but my own question remains unanswered. I currently have SEO URL's turned off, but am keen to switch on asap. However, when I turn it on whilst they work, the old URL's still work too, causing a duplicate. For example my product pages are indexed on google and when SEO URL's is turned on and I do a google search, the link goes to the old URL (gibberish) instead of diverting to the new SEO URL.

I have considered 301's but they simply don't work for some reason? Plus it would be a mammoth job to do this for all pages and products. Am I missing something obvious or is this an issue? Any ideas on a way around this welcome....

Many thanks

C.

UPDATE: For anyone in the same predicament, canonical tags resolve this as they tell google that the SEO URL is the one to index.
Last edited by Superior1 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by patkav » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:49 am

Xsecrets wrote:How come we all of a sudden have tons of people asking about this? This has been a built in feature of opencart for a LONG time. You need to turn it on in the admin and rename the .htaccess.txt file to .htaccess then change the RewriteBase to / or /yourfoldername/ All of this is outlined in the install file. Are we just getting an influx of people too lazy to bother opening the install file or what?

I can't find the htaccess file any where in cpanel
How do i find it

Post by patkav » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:12 am

Hi every body is talking about the htaccess file where can i find the htaccess.text file. it dosn't seem to be in my cpanel.
how do i find it.( or how do i add it and where.)
i want to switch on the seo in the server settings.
patkav

Post by Superior1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:17 pm

patkav wrote:Hi every body is talking about the htaccess file where can i find the htaccess.text file. it dosn't seem to be in my cpanel.
how do i find it.( or how do i add it and where.)
i want to switch on the seo in the server settings.
patkav
You should see htaccess.txt in your route - public_html folder. If you don't, just create one (open notepad and save as htaccess.txt). Then upload it to public_html, add relevant content and chance to .htaccess.

Hope you get sorted.

Post by bwbd » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi,

I've been following this topic and was wondering if someone could point me in right direction before I throw something at this computer.

I have enabled seo in the settings and renamed the .htaccess.txt file. I am now getting some urls changed and some not. I have also installed the All Clean Urls mod via vxmod and it says its enabled but it hasnt done anything.

some of the categories have changed to a friendly url some havent.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Post by alexfwd » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 pm

just want to say a massive thanks to amdev and uksitebuilder, perfect solution

gifts for her - for guys that are pants at romance http://suchabloke.com

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Has anyone managed to modify seo_url.php to work seo on Manufacturer? on opencart 1.5.4.1? Because work only from information, but won`t work filter on Manufacturer/brands. When click on brand with SEO activated give page not found.

Tks

Extensions converted by me for Free | Custom 3.0.3.7 | Store upgrade service | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by Axansh » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi,

We have developed an extension for SEO - to make it easy for seller.

This module helps you with optimizing the url's of all your website pages , categories , products , manufacturers , information pages .

you can also optimize the titles , meta tag keywords , meta tag descriptions of all the links , categories , products , manufacturers , information pages .

If you add new links or catalog data - they can be optimised as well .

All optimizations can be done for multiple languages .

Image names can also be optimized .

For fast results , less data entry - you can use auto generate facility

Thanks and Best Regards,
Axansh Sheth

Our Opencart Module
All in ONE SEO |
Multi-purpose pop |
Restaurant theme |
Store time save module

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm

After some comparation I succed to modify seo_url to work on 1.5.4.1.

In the atachement is the file.

Extensions converted by me for Free | Custom 3.0.3.7 | Store upgrade service | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by EasyCigarettes » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi,

Just found this post and I tried it.
Guess what? I am not a coder. Works perfect!
Problem solved and you can give it every name you like!
Thanks
Don´t understand why only 3 people downloaded this.....
HE GUYS..... FREE SEO URL SCRIPT OVERHERE! free??? YES FREE

I posted an other problem but it seems that nobody has this while I have this even if I use the standard unchanged php files.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=86570

Someone has an idea??
Thanks again

Post by Dana » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks to amdev for providing solution for 1.4.9 version as well (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 2&start=20). I'm having a problem with it, though. I followed all the instructions but some links are still not being overwritten.

It didn't overwrite 'contact' and 'sitemap' in the sidebar, no pages in the sitemap itself and the breadcrumbs. I have contacted amdev with my issue, but I haven't heard from him for a month.

I hope someone could help me with this.

Thank you!