Post by daz1uk » Wed May 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi,

I am currently with justhost but am finding that their server is down too often for my liking, I have opened a new account with fatcow and trying to copy my site across, which has turned out out be a nightmare.

I am getting constant sql errors no matter how I try to copy over my database, I have tried using the back from within the admin section of opencart which fails with errors and also tried using the backup from within myphpadmin which fails with errors, can anyone tell me how I am supposed to move my site please?

The error I get is: TRUNCATE TABLE `address` ;

Please let me know what you think of my site...

http://www.itfreedom.co.uk

Location - Birmingham UK

Post by mwd » Thu May 19, 2011 12:09 am

Open a trouble ticket with Fatcow and ask them if they can transfer your old account for you.
Most hosting companies will create, transfer, and install a full cpanel backup for free.
All they will need is the login information to your old hosting account.
We always offer this to our new hosting clients right from the start to make their transfer as easy, quick, and painless as possible.

Use it? Like it? Want to support it but don't know how? Send a donation to show your appreciation.
Daniel's PayPal address - donate@opencart.com
Qphoria's Paypal address - qphoria@gmail.com

mwd

Post by daz1uk » Thu May 19, 2011 2:37 am

Thanks for the advice, I have managed to get the database moved over now though, interestingly I have another problem now. Everything is working fine except the theme wont change from default despite my purchased theme showing as selected. This is a really odd issue as I have copied all my files from my old host over a new install, all the info is there, all the products and categories, its showing my theme as installed but it just doesn't display?

Please let me know what you think of my site...

http://www.itfreedom.co.uk

Location - Birmingham UK

Post by JohnL » Thu May 19, 2011 5:57 am

Might be a simple thing to suggest but have you cleared the cache on your browser? What is the URL?