Post by CodeBits » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 am

Ok using ver 1.4.9.4, so in the product options we can set options which display as a drop down for customer selection.
I need a way to have an input text field for customer to input say a name for personalization of a product for example.
So where and how could this be coded into the script. I'd assume there will be fields to be added to admin and catalog pages, and table to the db. If someone could point me in the right direction or offer a sound solution I can manage the rest.

TIA

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:18 pm

look for global mega options. This is the only way to get it currently. It will be an option in 1.5 when it is released. Or you could code it yourself, but be forewarned it is not simply paste a little code here and there it's quite a complex task.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by CodeBits » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

I've been looking over code and see it will be a quite a task to code it in

I though of simply coding the product.tpl with an "if"/"else" statement warping a text field with the proper field name and values for options and pull the id's from a small library file of product id's I can hard code in it should work and be easier than coding in the function in all the files I'd have to rework.

But I will now look at the global mega options an see how this will work out.

Thanks for the heads up!

Post by cbryson » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:35 am

I also need to text input as above (for 1.4.9.4),

I have tried searching but keep coming to the same answer, use Global Mega Options, which I would, however the site seems to have been down for a few days. So anyone know if this is still available or any other any other options?

Thanks.