Post by world-of-satellite » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

As the title, in Admin > Dashboard, is it possible to reset the Total Sales and Total sales this year to zero?

Post by world-of-satellite » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:09 am

Hopeful bump :) Anyone?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 am

No. To be honest you wouldn't really want to do that. That is done by deleting your existing orders.
I would like to add a setting for that to choose which criteria is used to create that figure tho.. perhaps in 1.5.2

Administrator

Post by STN » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:32 pm

I know bringing an old thread but what is the status of this feature ? is it implement yet ? (Im using the 4.9 version).

Game Trainers

STN

Post by planetgroove » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Another purpose for that would be to reset a test-setup (clearing all test-orders) when it finally goes live into production status.
Is that to be implemented in the near future or is there another way to achieve that? Thanks.

Edit:
OK, I have seen now, that it is possible to delete orders. Did not know that, respectively had in mind, that this was not possible the last time I tried opencart (back in 2008 ;-) ) ...
Is everything in the database wiped out regarding those deleted (test-)sales? Or does something remain there, that has to be removed/deleted manually to get a clean basis for production status? Thanks for an answer.

Post by manny2013 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:56 am

I purchase a template that had some total sales already, I would like to 0 that and start the selling anew. Does anybody know how to do that?

Post by haydent » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:29 am

if you are starting fresh, just delete the test and sample orders to reset the counters
Last edited by haydent on Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Sydney, Australia

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:18 am

haydent wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:29 am
just delete the orders
Against GDPR. Not a suggested approach. OC version. Your request is indeed written as entitled but the OC version does not follow the forum rules while creating a new topic. Furthermore, since the request is about resetting the total sales by year, then the admin/model/sale folder would be the best place to fetch those stat results by year especially if using an older version of OC.

As for CPRA, if you keep the orders in your database on a scale of 4 years, such as Amazon US are currently doing with personal accounts (not sure if Business accounts applies the same length at this time), it can be another option to backup the previous period of time for the orders.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by haydent » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:17 am

yeah sorry, im talking about removing testing/sample content, i will edit me answer

Location - Sydney, Australia