Post by simplex » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Hello,

One of the shops we provide technical assistance for has a weird problem. The loading of images in IE (7&8) is somehow sluggish. It looks like it halts on something.

The problems are non existent in other browsers, which makes me believe it is perhaps an javascript issue. The shop relies on some third party extensions. It happens on all pages, including the contact page, which has the least amount of images. Things I have tried:

- Turn off third party extensions: problem still exists
- Validate the header (the third party extensions make it quite hard to validate the entier page....) Information Pages Validate without errors.

What am I missing??? You can find the website @ http://www.mardakantoorapparatuur.nl = 1.4.9.3

Thanks in advance!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by i2Paq » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 am

And this could not be related to the custom template?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by simplex » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Unfortunately, the problem is also present when using the default template...

Post by simplex » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 pm

The problem had been found.

The culprit was:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/fancybox/jquery.easing-1.3.pack.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" media="screen" />
When I changed this to Thickbox, the slow loading of images dissapeared.... :crazy: