Post by laine » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:04 am

Hello everyone.

I am dealing wholesale business world wide and i have selected opencart for it. I will use opencart for my dealers, they will be buying stuff from there.

I wonder how can i setup different taxes because some of my dealers will pay taxes and some of them not.
At the moment i have listed all products prices with taxes, it is good for those dealers that will pay taxes but others no. How can i setup that when some dealer that does not pay taxes, shop would automatically minus taxes from prices?

I have 2 different tax classes, with vat and without and rates are correctly. How should i put options for products "Tax Class" ? I have setup geo zones also: dealers at my country(pay taxes) and dealers from other countries(not paying taxes).

I have previous experience from different kind of shopping carts but opencart solution is new for me.

Looking forward with great answers!

Cheers, Laine

Post by laine » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:05 pm

Anyone?

Post by laine » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:37 pm

is this really some special feature that im looking for ???

Post by SXGuy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:09 am

The way i understand it, and i work in accountancy so hopefully i have this correct, regarding VAT payable is as follows.

If you sell a product in one country that has VAT, another country can buy that product, without VAT ONLY if they have a vat/tax registration number.

If they do not, then they are charged the vat in which you set. Its up to them to reclaim any vat if possible.

So im abit confused as to why you wish to charge vat for one country and not another.

The question should be, how can i remove VAT based on a clients requirement.

And the answer to that one is, you cant, without modifying the way in which taxes work, including simplified fractions of each tax % and using that to deduct from a products gross price.

Now... if there were a mod to allow certain customer groups to include tax/vat and others to not include it, that would be great. Because you would then have the option to move clients into a new customer group which allows them to buy products excluding vat.

Post by madimar » Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Guys, I'm working and almost finished an integrated contibution handling VAT Numbers, Federal Tax ID (US), Reseller State ID (US), Tax Exempt ID, etc fields in customer registration and order management.
A tax exemption is also applied automatically in the cart according to the "tax category" of the customer (set in registration and provided with a valid ID number).

If it could be of interest for you, you can have a look on my other post and to the working site demo

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=31980

regards,

M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------