Post by Cleo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 am

Ok (edited to add) go to admin panel/system/design:

Layout name => route

Home => common/home

Product => product/product

Category => product/category

the layout is: home - the route is: common/home

For your 2nd store you have to click on insert at the top right

Create a new layout like: home second store (or a shorter name that you want)
and the route is the same: common/home

then product is the layout and product/product is the route

for the 2nd store you do the same:

Insert
layout: product 2nd store - route: product/product

you have to do it for all the layout/route

If you add any new module you do the same layout/route for each store

the first one is always the default store

Hope I am clear enough?

Cleo
Last edited by Cleo on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
Theme: Custom
vqmod-2.6.0
PHP: 7.3 (ea-php73)

Post by sergit » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:55 am

you the best :)

EDIT: the only problem I had so far was with 'home' redirecting to main site.
I figured this is because of redirect in .htaccess:

Code: Select all

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^route=common/home$
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://mainstore.com? [R=301,L]
So I tried to change it to

Code: Select all

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^mainstore.com/index.php?route=common/home$
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://mainstore.com? [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^secondstore.com/index.php?route=common/home$
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ http://secondstore.com? [R=301,L]
so far redirect didn't work . but it's a huge step forward anyway. thanks again
Last edited by sergit on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Cleo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 am

you the best :)
I wish :crazy:

I just removed my 2nd store because I'm having a problem in the main one and didn't solved it yet!

Now I'm trying to find out what is causing that problem and will put the 2nd store back as soon as it is solve!!!! ???

Have a nice day and good luck!

Cleo
Last edited by Cleo on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by aviatedman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:46 am

opencartisalright wrote:
Johnathan wrote:Nice guide -- I'm sure it will be helpful for beginners wanting to learn how to set up multi-store.
Thanks man. Yeah it's definitely simple enough for beginners. I thought it was gonna be a lot harder than it was but not at all. Pretty easy for the most part.
It's simple enough for beginners but not 9 year web development veterans?!? :laugh:

I'm not getting it to work. I did the addon domain in cpanel for the storename I want to add. Then setup the new store in my admin with the appropriate url pointed where it should via your instructions. After that, you said, "Done!" (as in the process should be complete?!) Because I'm not seeing my 2nd store load up. The default store comes up, even after I select my 2nd store from the store module in OC.

Any thoughts and suggestions on what I screwed up on?

Post by Cleo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:37 am

You wrote:
after I select my 2nd store from the store module in OC.
It's not in the module that you select your 2nd store!

You have to go to System/setting and top/right Insert or add (Mine is in French) and you add all the info there for your 2nd store and don't forget to add the / at the end of the url

Hope that help

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by aviatedman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Yea, I did that. There's something different about everyone's instructions too, I've noticed.
Some say the url is supposed to be the same as the http://www.mainsite.com/ address, and others are telling you to put the http://store2.mainsite.com/ address. None of this is making any sense to me, I've done everybody's instructions word for word, step by step. So either there's a crucial step missing or everybody that is claiming it works, had somebody else do it for them. I've been developing websites for 9 years now...I've never once been stuck for 5 days like this! lol

And yes, I know you create/edit the stores in the system/settings (insert button). I'm talking about actually navigating between the stores. I can create new stores all day long, add products, categories, templates, etc.. that's not my problem, my problem is that none of my stores are pulling up on the front end of things. Every time I use the store module dropdown or even manually enter the url which I THINK is supposed to be my additional stores, I get a server not found screen.

Post by Cleo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Hum....
or everybody that is claiming it works, had somebody else do it for them. I've been developing websites for 9 years now...I've never once been stuck for 5 days like this! lol
I know nothing about programming, php, html, etc. and by following the instruction of the 5 step and the ones from Labeshop I had my 2nd store up and working in 2 days and nobody else did it for me!!!

re:
So either there's a crucial step missing
That could be it! Maybe that you're so used to develop websites that you just missed one of the step? Just saying :)

I know that I followed those steps and didn't have problem at all!

Good luck
Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by Cleo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Just one question! On another thread you said:
I duplicated the default folder and renamed it to mainstore. Then I duplicated that folder and renamed them men and women. Then I changed the common/header.tpl and the css for both.
Are you using the default folder for your main store or the one you renamed "mainstore"?

In design do you have:

default: common/home
women: common/home
men: common/home

Just trying to help :)

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by aviatedman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 pm

I have 4 templates: default, mainstore, men, and women.

I just made a new post offering 10% of my first onlines sales to anyone that can get on skype and talk me through this? Communication is SO MUCH faster and easier when you can actually talk.

So, if you have skype and have a few minutes to walk me through, I would love for you to try and help me wrap this up!? Just PM me your skype id and I'll call you right now.

Post by Cleo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks for the offer but I'm in Canada and don't have Skype :(

Is your main store must use the "default" folder? Unless I am wrong but... that's what I was doing and I believe that it's what I read.

Because everything is referring to "default"

Cleo

Edited to add: did you read this thread?

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 9&p=182231

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by aviatedman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Yes, I read that thread, it's been the best one of all!!
However, I do not recall reading anything about keeping the main site as default. In face everywhere on the web even before multistore, suggests NOT using the default template and to copy it because when you upgrade the OC itself, the default template directory will be overwritten and you would lose everything you spent time on designing.

So I know the default template directory is not the problem I'm having because nobody uses it to begin with. Well, SHOULDN'T be using it anyways. Otherwise, they'll lose an entire design when/if they upgrade.

So no, my mainstore does not you the default template. However, in my admin settings, my mainstore is identified as being the default store! (in bold letters next to list of stores)

Post by Cleo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm not talking about template but "folder"

Like right now my store is using a template call Fantasia but many of the functions are pointing to the "default" folder!

In the other thread:
However, if you are like me and want to give each store it's own personality (or have a wide variety of stores like I do!) You might want at least unique Home layouts for each. To do that, you need to give each store its own layout.

So say you want a unique home page. Click on edit for the default Home layout. You'll see it says "store: Default" and "route: common/home". Take note of the "route" (which is actually the directory path to the template called home).

Hit Cancel and then Insert to add a new one.

Enter a Layout Name. I keep it simple and am using things like "AW Home" for the home page of my store AllWicca (AW). Make it something you will remember is for the store you want to create it for.

Click on "Add Route"

Select the store you are setting from the "Store" dropdown and put in the same route you saw when you looked at the default one. Continuing my example, I selected Store: AllWicca and entered for route: common/home

Click Save
I think it's in that thread that I read about this: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=37119

At least those are the 3 thread I followed and my multistore were working ok right from the start. Maybe I am wrong so I will let others help you in case I am and make sure I am not saying anything wrong.

Cleo

Edited to add: Look at what Labeshop wrote in your other thread:
You should also know that if you do not have a template in the folder for the store for a particular page, it will default to the template for that page in the default folder. My product pages, for example, are identically laid out as I have deleted the product.tpl from all but the default template folder and made modifications to it.

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by aviatedman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Yea, I JUST figured it out!! :D
I KNEW I was messing something up! :crazy:

In my cpanel, I was clicking Addon Domain. You only do that IF you are using multiple domains that you have purchased. So for anyone else like myself coming across this post, follow the instructions on this thread:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 9&p=182231

UNLESS you are creating your site like mine with subdirectories! Then the ONLY difference in instructions from the thread pasted on this post, is in your cpanel, choose Subdomain and not Addon Domain. On the server side, there IS a difference!

Post by Cleo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Glad you solved it ;)

Cleo

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
vqmod-2.6.0

Post by brandama » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 am

If you are having problems viewing your addon stores, and the addon store just shows a copy of your main store, it is because you forgot to add a slash at the end of your domain when you added it to opencart.

Hope that saves people some headaches. I could have used that advice a few days ago.

Post by phil-marlow » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi Guys, just trying to install opencart multistore.

First thing, are we able to setup a second store with a different domain name? i.e. I have www.domain.com with opencart installed and running fine. We have a second domain name with no hosting www.domain2.com. Are we able to setup second store with www.domain2.com with a URL redirect to www.domain.com? Or do we need to use a sub-domian on www.domain.com?

Thank you in advance!

Post by kabatza1 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:13 am

You should set up the up www.domain2.com as a domain alias in your control panel.

unless of course you need SSL when it gets more complicated.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=98202

Post by barryn » Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi there. Never done this before so....what version of O.C are you using. In MINE 1.5 SYSTEM and then SETTINGS does not give a window that says CREATE A NEW STORE (STEP4)? Please advise
Blesssings
Steve

Post by labeshops » Mon May 13, 2013 7:21 pm

If your version has "Insert" on the settings screen, it's the same thing.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by krismel » Mon May 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi dear, i am fresh here so sorry cant read all the forums and can't find what i am looking for.
i am using openchart, and want to extend to multistore buy/sell for others to register (want something like, etsy and artgallery.co.uk). if anyone give me quick advice would be grateful.
which extention to use/or buy? saw few of them but says options missing... any help? please, thanks!