Post by WilliamBD » Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 pm

krismel wrote:Hi dear, i am fresh here so sorry cant read all the forums and can't find what i am looking for.
i am using openchart, and want to extend to multistore buy/sell for others to register (want something like, etsy and artgallery.co.uk). if anyone give me quick advice would be grateful.
which extention to use/or buy? saw few of them but says options missing... any help? please, thanks!
So you want to run:
www.site1.co.uk
www.site2.co.uk
or
www.site1.co.uk
subshop.site1.co.uk
or
Do you want people to register on your site who can then sell things?

*This would be better in a seperate thread. I wish this thread was stickied and locked.

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#p406793

Post by mikispace » Tue May 21, 2013 1:07 am

When I try this on my Cpanel I get this error trying to create the add-on domain

You cannot park a domain on top of itself!

The only thing in my public_html folder is my opencart installation.

I am trying to create the add-on domain wholesale & enter these values
New Domain Name: wholesale.Mydomain.org
Subdomain/FTP Username: wholesale
Document Root: / public_html/wholesale

Any suggestions where I am going wrong ?
All help gratefully apprciated !

Post by WilliamBD » Wed May 22, 2013 3:31 pm

mikispace wrote:When I try this on my Cpanel I get this error trying to create the add-on domain

You cannot park a domain on top of itself!

The only thing in my public_html folder is my opencart installation.

I am trying to create the add-on domain wholesale & enter these values
New Domain Name: wholesale.Mydomain.org
Subdomain/FTP Username: wholesale
Document Root: / public_html/wholesale

Any suggestions where I am going wrong ?
All help gratefully apprciated !
You need to 'Add a subdomain' not a 'Add-on Domain'. The first post is about adding a new separate domain (e.g. domain1.com and domain2.com) whereas you are wanting to create a sub domain (e.g. domain1.com store2.domain1.com). After that you should make the same changes as outlined. I hope this helps.

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#p406793

Post by Getting There » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Strangely I seem to be getting an error thus far not mentioned and although I posted this elsewhere on this forum it got no interest; this thread is probably the right place for it.

I have been trying the multi-store setup using latest OC version and have spent more time than I care to admit on getting this to work. I am attempting to get a few stores on one domain using sub-domains, pretty basic stuff really. This is my take on the days spent reading up and attempting to get this right.

The sub domains have been created in the cpanel and are set thus:
subdom1.domain.com (1 to 3)

Document root:
/public_html/domain.com/online/subdom1
/public_html/domain.com/online/subdom2
/public_html/domain.com/online/subdom3

i.e. each of them is a sub domain of http://www.domain.com/online/ where OC is installed and working as it should.

In OC I have the stores set to http://www.domain.com/online/subdom1 etc. however when I click on the ‘storefront’ link or type in the address directly; instead of showing a store I get the default contents of the empty folder i.e.

Index of /online/subdom1
• Parent Directory
• cgi-bin/

I don’t particularly want to make copies of the main domain into each sub-domain, but if that’s what it takes to resolve this then I will, however its kind of defeating the multi-store option where I will only need to change the different stores logo.

Some fundamental error going on here that my brain is in meltdown trying to solve… anyone?

Post by gemcart » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:30 pm

My problem is just like the above.
I used my cpanel to create a subdomain with its own subfolder at the root. Default cgi.bin and .htaccess were created automatically. .htaccess is correct, so no problems there.
I uploaded a dummy index.html to the subfolder and accessed it with my browser, it displayed correctly with the address http://subdomain.domain.com/, so no problems in pointing to the subdomain.
I logged in the admin area of open cart, inserted a new store with the correct entries, http://subdomain.domain.com/
I created some new layouts (route the same as in the default store layouts)
I opened a module and added it to a module. I made this module as the default in the new subdomain.
NOW - when I enter the subdomain.domain.com in browser it does not show the new module, it shows the domain.com homepage with additional comment 'the page you requested is not available' on the title and in the 'Welcome' parts.
So, now where was I wrong?
Please give me an idea what I have to do now!

Post by labeshops » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:08 am

Did you set the document root for each subdomain in cpanel as described in step 3 of this guide to where your opencart files are installed?

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by gemcart » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Presto!
All this time I was pointing to the folder created by the host system. :joker:
I created another subdomain and pointed to the root public_html, redirection disabled.
Logged again to the admin to opencart, enabled the new subdomain. Selected another default layout, added a few new modules to this layout and checked. No change. I opened the subdomain again with another browser ie, now I see the new layout. Clearing browsing data in Chrome revealed the new subdomain with the new layout.
Thank you Labeshops

Post by labeshops » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:51 pm

No problem. It's usually something simple :)

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Getting There » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 pm

@labeshops, was your reply directed to me?

If so you will note from my description that my existing shop resides at /public_html/domain.com/online/

Are you suggesting that my sub-domains should be in the root i.e. here /public_html/ like the graphic in Step 3 indicates and not where i have my opencart installed i.e. /public_html/domain.com/online/
Last edited by Getting There on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by labeshops » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Getting There wrote:@labeshops, was your reply directected to me?

If so you will note from my description that my existing shop resides at /public_html/domain.com/online/

Are you suggesting that my sub-domains should be in the root i.e. here /public_html/ like the graphic in Step 3 indicates and not where i have my opencart installed i.e. /public_html/domain.com/online/
It was directed to both you and gemcart actually since you both were having the same issue.

No, your sub-domains are not "in the root", but you need to point their document root to where opencart is installed, in your case /public_html/domain.com/online/ - this tells the sub-domain to use the files in a folder other than their own folder which is what you need to do and what I suspect is causing your issue.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by samaj » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Hy

i have two domain on different hosting server
1) abc.com

2) xyz.com

Now i have opencart theme 1.5.2.1 on my abc.com and its live

now i need xyz.com to be live with same data base

as per its post i have setup new store in abc.com domain and i already uploaded all the same code (All the folders) on my xyz.com

my first domain have theme 1 and second domain need to set theme 2

but when i change the default theme its changing on both domain

so what is exact procedure to make multi-pal store with different theme on same database

Post by labeshops » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Read the steps in this guide again. You do NOT copy any files to the second domain. You just need to change the document root so follow the guide carefully thru each step.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by syednayab » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 am

i have a question...Rather than creating Multi store..i am looking for simple features...Like giving dedicated login access to category sellers...

what i mean here is , provide differnt categories to one seller and other category to other seller... and have dedicated access for that seller only....who will be managing that category only...

Life is a Gift! and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more......

Location - Mumbai India

Post by labeshops » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:32 am

Do a search for multi vendor instead of multi store. There are several extensions that do this and ones that limit what each logged in user can do/edit/see.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by pradeep2159 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:12 pm

I have installed opencart 1.5.3 In my Website

> I want to give a facility to user to create their own store in my website.

> User will get a link for their own store, that customer can share the store link

> like that we want to maintain many no.of customers.

> for this we have any module/extension in opencart.

Post by Savage » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Hello,

I posted this in a separate thread because although I did see this thread, it didn't seem to address my issue, however,labeshop pointed me here (thank you) so here I am!

Below is what I posted originally.

labeshop, to add some detail, there is an existing site at the domain that I want to create this store, so for the time being I'm using a sub-domain of that domain. To be more specific, I have savagewoodworks.com running a store successfully. I have a domain named keg-handles.com that has a terribly put together site, however, it is generally what ends up in search engine results so I am wanting to build the Opencart site at store.keg-handles.com and once ready, will swap out the existing keg-handles.com site with the Opencart site.

The one item that I missed from your instructions previously was setting the domain (sub-domain in this case) to /public_html for it's root. I've done this now, however, I'm still encountering the same error when attempting to create the new store in OC. Any leads on what I could still be missing?

Thank you!
I have a working instance of OpenCart 1.5.6 that runs under the root of one of my domains which was a clean install a couple months ago. What I'd like to do is create another store for one of my other domains which will share some inventory with my main site.

I've created store.domain.com for the new store in my hosts control panel but when I go into my OpenCart admin and attempt to create the new store I submit the request once I've filled out all the mandatory information and am then returned to to the store front and the error "the page you requested cannot be found" appears

I am using SEO urls and have an .htaccess in the root of public_html/ where the main store runs.

Considering I cannot find any similar errors on google or by searching this forum it could be something to do with my installation but I'm at a loss as to what.

Post by labeshops » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:52 am

I get this cannot be found error occasionally when I'm doing something in admin - usually it's a bad cookie. What I do to clear it is the log out of admin, clear my browser's cache, close and reopen my browser and go to it fresh. This solves the issue for me.

I also noticed your links are not working correctly on your subdomain. Make sure you include the ending / at the end of it in admin > settings as this is usually the cause for it. Needs to be http://store.keg-handles.com/ NOT http://store.keg-handles.com

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Savage » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 am

Thanks for the quick reply, labeshops. I'll try the cookie thing, although I have attempted to add the store under OSX in Chrome and Safari and under Windows in Chrome, all with the same results and I believe they all use different cookies.

The links are most likely not working because the store is not being added (sorry if I neglected to mention this). After submitting the information in Admin for the new store I get the error and the store isn't added, so the store that store.keg-handles.com is going to is my store for SavageWoodworks.com.

Edit: I just cleared all browsing data in Chrome (Windows) and am still getting the same error. Darn...

Post by Savage » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:24 am

Crazy... so I think it's got to be something in my opencart setup because I changed the root of the entire keg-handles.com domain to rule out that it didn't like the sub-domain of store.keg-handles.com and am encountering the same issue. Page not found and the new site doesn't get added.

Could there be something in my .htaccess file causing this? I haven't done any modifications to it so it should just be the standard OC settings.

Post by Savage » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:12 am

I have no idea why it didn't work with Chrome under Windows but I just cleared all browsing history and cookies from Safari under OSX and was able to add the store.