Post by bizready » Mon May 07, 2012 3:38 am

I followed the instruction also referred many links. For some reason, I can not limit category, products to certain shop. What I get is same front page for each child shops, although I have different category/products assigned to each child shops. Please see screen shots in the attachment.

Any help is appreciated.

In short, I wanted the following and not able to acheive:

Parent shop:
Cat0 (Prod 01, Prod 02)

Child shop1:
Cat1 (Prod 11, Prod 12)

Child shop2:
Cat2 (Prod 21, Prod 22, Prod 23)

Post by excelgrp » Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 am

I'm really confused with this multi-store thing. I have three sites that I'd like to use opencart on:

www.excel-it.co.uk (opencart currently installed)
www.excel-mobiles.co.uk (2nd store I'd like to have currently running cubecart 3)
www.codes4phones.co.uk (3rd store I'd like to have also currently running cubecart 3)

Obviously I'd like to have these all using the same user login details etc, and instead of having 3 opencart installs, have one. Now obviously these three sites are already setup with e-mail accounts etc, and I really don't have a clue with this system on how I can do this.

If someone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

Daz

Post by liamcaff » Fri May 11, 2012 3:26 am

Hey,
I followed these steps exactly.

When I go to my new subdomain all I see is a 'Site Under Construction' Page...

Any ideas?

Post by 01media » Sat May 19, 2012 4:18 am

Hi thanks for this guide. I'm planing to set-up 2 new stores with 3 languages and several currencies GeoZones each. I have different domain for each store and language (store1.com store1.pl store1.se, and same for store 2, total 6 domains)

I would like to set-up this whole system so customers get correct default language, currency and GeoZone depending which domain thy are suing (all domain can change to all languages etc later, but I do not want to show English and EUR when somebody visit my store1.pl domain but Polish and PLN as deafult, .se would set swedish nSEk as deafault and .com English EUR or USD).

What do you suggest:
a) set-up only two stores in opencart - and each store domain .com .se .pl will point to same store 1 and 2
b) set-up separate stores for each domain - it will be total 6 stores

Is there any slowdown or other issues using many multi stores ? Maybe it's much easier to keep updated 2 stores than 6 ? Each module must be installed in each store etc... :)

Thanks in advance.

Post by 01media » Mon May 21, 2012 9:15 pm

I've tried to setup two stores on two domains pointing to same webserver. (Linux Apache)

Store 1 is working ok.
Store 2 showing default index page of the webserver. I entered same root path for this domain as store 1. I'm suing ISPConfig (not cPanel). What did I wrong ?

Post by 01media » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Problem solved! In ISPConfig I needed to setup the additinal damains as Alias to the mail domain (default store in OpenCart). MultiStore works now perfect.

Post by cs378 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:56 am

Cellunlimit wrote:we have several domains we have opencart 1.5 running on the main domain when we did the tutorial when we goto our other domains it will show the homepage for the main store not the domain we are accessing

and all the links point to domain1 as well we have set it up in admin we are running on ARVIxe linux with ther cpanel thanks
Hello

I am wondering if you solved your problem. I am having the same problem as you

Thanks

Post by platypuspuzzles » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi, I just wanted to reply to say how helpful this post has been!

it's very informative, and easy to follow, plus I love the idea of changing htaccess file to avoid having to pay for www.domain.com and domain.com

Post by mintyapp » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 am

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble setting up multiple stores. I currently have two opencart installations: one for my desktop site (http://groceries.mintyapp.com), and one for my mobile site (http://mintyapp.com/mobile). I realize now that the two installations is probably unnecessary and is where my complications are coming from.

As you can see if you go to the websites, each theme is very different. I have the mobile installation to exactly how I want it, but I was hoping there would be a way to connect it to the DB of my desktop site to share products / customers between the two, without having to delete the mobile installation and start from scratch using this guideline.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Post by Ljubo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 pm

hi to all,
I am having problems with setting up multi store feature in a cpanel with paid hosting and without using a domain name.
it is because I am developing new store while the old one is fully functional.
anyway, I can get the admin and view page of my site in development at something like:
http://12.34.56.78/~something/
now, how can I setup things (if I can at all) in order to view the subdomain?
I have tried:
http://12.34.56.78/~something/store2
both with and without / at the end, but not working.

any suggestions?

thank you!

return feedback:
I could not manage to make it work like that, so I had to do it as usual (on registered tld name, like www.something.com)

Location - Serbia

Post by wilrbst » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:19 am

I have tried to set up the multi store using xampp locally but when it comes to adding the code i m having difficulty and would like to see if anyone can help will really appreciate it very much. ???

I was following the instructions that i got from the net they are very clear as how to go about
setting it up. The problem is that i am not that good at coding and would like some help if possible
as to how the code should be added. This is what I have done and keep getting this message;
" Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
localhost
9/13/2012 4:24:34 PM
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
"

This is how i added the code and would like if anyone here has a better understanding than i do:

<IfModule log_config_module>
#
# The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
# a CustomLog directive (see below).
#
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common

<IfModule logio_module>
# You need to enable mod_logio.c to use %I and %O
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %I %O" combinedio
</IfModule>

#
# The location and format of the access logfile (Common Logfile Format).
# If you do not define any access logfiles within a <VirtualHost>
# container, they will be logged here. Contrariwise, if you *do*
# define per-<VirtualHost> access logfiles, transactions will be
# logged therein and *not* in this file.
#
#CustomLog "logs/access.log" common

#
# If you prefer a logfile with access, agent, and referer information
# (Combined Logfile Format) you can use the following directive.
#
CustomLog "logs/access.log" combined
</IfModule>

<IfModule alias_module>
#
# Redirect: Allows you to tell clients about documents that used to
# exist in your server's namespace, but do not anymore. The client
# will make a new request for the document at its new location.
# Example:
# Redirect permanent /foo http://localhost/bar

#
# Alias: Maps web paths into filesystem paths and is used to
# access content that does not live under the DocumentRoot.
# Example:
# Alias /webpath /full/filesystem/path
#
# If you include a trailing / on /webpath then the server will
# require it to be present in the URL. You will also likely
# need to provide a <Directory> section to allow access to
# the filesystem path.

#
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the target directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the
# client. The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias
# directives as to Alias.
#
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/xampp/cgi-bin/"
#
Alias /store_1 "C:/xampp/htdocs/store"
Alias /store_2 "C:/xampp/htdocs/store"

</IfModule>

<IfModule cgid_module>
#
# ScriptSock: On threaded servers, designate the path to the UNIX
# socket used to communicate with the CGI daemon of mod_cgid.
#
#Scriptsock "logs/cgi.sock"
</IfModule>

thanks again for your help :)

Post by wilrbst » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:06 am

I have tried to set up the multi store using xampp locally but when it comes to adding the code i m having difficulty and would like to see if anyone can help will really appreciate it very much. ???

I was following the instructions that i got from the net they are very clear as how to go about
setting it up. The problem is that i am not that good at coding and would like some help if possible
as to how the code should be added. This is what I have done and keep getting this message;
" Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
localhost
9/13/2012 4:24:34 PM
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
"

This is how i added the code and would like if anyone here has a better understanding than i do:

<IfModule log_config_module>
#
# The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
# a CustomLog directive (see below).
#
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common

<IfModule logio_module>
# You need to enable mod_logio.c to use %I and %O
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %I %O" combinedio
</IfModule>

#
# The location and format of the access logfile (Common Logfile Format).
# If you do not define any access logfiles within a <VirtualHost>
# container, they will be logged here. Contrariwise, if you *do*
# define per-<VirtualHost> access logfiles, transactions will be
# logged therein and *not* in this file.
#
#CustomLog "logs/access.log" common

#
# If you prefer a logfile with access, agent, and referer information
# (Combined Logfile Format) you can use the following directive.
#
CustomLog "logs/access.log" combined
</IfModule>

<IfModule alias_module>
#
# Redirect: Allows you to tell clients about documents that used to
# exist in your server's namespace, but do not anymore. The client
# will make a new request for the document at its new location.
# Example:
# Redirect permanent /foo http://localhost/bar

#
# Alias: Maps web paths into filesystem paths and is used to
# access content that does not live under the DocumentRoot.
# Example:
# Alias /webpath /full/filesystem/path
#
# If you include a trailing / on /webpath then the server will
# require it to be present in the URL. You will also likely
# need to provide a <Directory> section to allow access to
# the filesystem path.

#
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the target directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the
# client. The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias
# directives as to Alias.
#
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/xampp/cgi-bin/"
#
Alias /store_1 "C:/xampp/htdocs/store"
Alias /store_2 "C:/xampp/htdocs/store"

</IfModule>

<IfModule cgid_module>
#
# ScriptSock: On threaded servers, designate the path to the UNIX
# socket used to communicate with the CGI daemon of mod_cgid.
#
#Scriptsock "logs/cgi.sock"
</IfModule>

thanks again for your help :)

Post by wilrbst » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 am

Bump
Is there someone that has set up the multistore on their computer locally threw Xampp that would know
how the add the code and know how it would look like. I'm having problems setting up the code in the;
the tutorial is asking me to place the code ( Alias /store_1 "C:/xamFor this you have to edit the Apache Configuration file add “alias” for each sub store.

1) go to this path: C:\xampp\apache\conf\

2) Find httppd.conf file and open it

3) Search <IfModule alias_module>” section and add below code inside this section. ???
HOW DOES IT LOOKS WHEN THE CODE IS ADDED?

All I get is an error on the local URL. Thanks

Alias /opcStore_1 "C:/xampp/htdocs/store"
Alias /opcStore_1 "C:/xampp/htdocs/store"

Now, you have to restart Apache server from your XAMPP control panel. After restarting, you have to add sub stores in Opencart configuration.

OpenCart configuration for Multi stores.

1) Logon to your main store : C:/xampp/htdocs/store/admin

2) Goto: System > Settings and here you can add new stores.

3) When adding give stores urls: for First store give url: http://localhost/opcStore_1/

for 2nd Store give url: http://localhost/opcStore_2/

Now, You will be able to access your new stores at “http://localhost/opcStore_1″ and “http://localhost/opcStore_2″, with your main store still at “http://localhost/opcStore”.pp/htdocs/store"
Alias /store_2 "C:/xampp/htdocs/store" ) for the two stores in "<IfModule log_config_module>"
would like to see how its placed if anyone has done this and it worked?

in order to set up the second store front. I know where it goes but not sure on how to place the code.
I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Last edited by wilrbst on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by luizeduardo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:46 am

Well,

I first tried to use a SUBDOMAIN for the second store.

In the first moment i was getting the "default index of the server", but around 2 hours later it start working and showing the store, but the same problems that i read here.

The second store shows the main store and all link are related to the first one.

Now im trying to use via a NEW DOMAIN, i ve just configured it in CPANEL like this tutorial shows. I will wait 1 or 2 hours to see if it works, i m getting the "default index page of the server" again... it may work in some hours... i think.

My case is:
Store 1 - Brazilian Portuguese - domain .com.br working fine
- I need just products for brazilian market here, including categories and BANNERS!
- Default language - PT-BR

Store 2 - Spanish - domain .co.ar
- I need just products for America Latina market here, including categories and BANNERS
- Default language - ES

But im seeing that i will have problems with banners in multi-store way, or m i wrong?
Is it possible to have different banners set up in the same THEME using multi-store?

Any help from moderators and other?

Thanks guys!!

Post by labeshops » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:47 am

Yes. You just need to set up different layouts for each store and then assign banners to the layout.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by luizeduardo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 am

THATS IT!!

I was coming here to post this, and you just said the same thing!

"thinking and discovering"... i realize this part and Gone to LAYOUT area, checked HOME structure and add another one, but for the SECOND STORE!!

Maybe, this is why many people here was getting the MAIN store when accessing the second store!

Thanks a lot by the way! Im just waiting now to see if my second domain will works fine..

I ll be back here to tell you! thanks! O0

Post by kamalkpaleti » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 am

Hi..
I have done every thing as said in the tutorial.But i used subdomain instead addon.
But nothing is done.

Post by luizeduardo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Well, i did new layouts for HOME, like "Home ES" and tried add new one inside the current "Home" but designed to second store, set it up to the second store... but nothing changes yet..

I still getting the main store when accessing the subdomain of second store.

I m using 1.5.3.1
I m the installation is palced in the root folder /public_html

Even if i change the layout of second store, it still shows the theme of the first store...

What could be wrong to this error?

Post by GENRX » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:05 am

Hi!

Good guide.. But with the domains do you upload the whole opencart upload folder to each domain?

Example: Original domain I loaded opencart: domain.com (admin/catalog/image etc..)
my second domain: domain.net (do i upload same files from domain.com to domain.net?)

I had my main domain: domain.com with file upload to public html. I also uploaded same files to domain.uk & domain.in. I just deleted files from domain.uk & domain.in. Problem is domain.uk still has website visable with no files in root, but domain.in isn't visable?

I hope that makes sense?
regards

Post by datacreek » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 pm

I have 1.5.4 on one sever with domainA.com. I have setup another domain name on another server, domainB.com. I am not using CPanel but a similar Panel called DirectAdmin. I entered the appropriate info in OpenCart Settings for the domainB store. I pointed domainB.com to domainA.com (where opencart is) using a 301 redirect and I get domainA.com in the URL plus it's just the same store as if I would have gone directly to domainA.com.

Since this is the only support offered and I have read this can be done would somebody please help. I would purchase the documentation but not sure if this particular scenario would be covered. I have access to DNS on both servers.

Thanks