Post by leisurebattery » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 am

Hi,

Is there a way I can add a percentage to the Euro exchnage rate to cover banking charges?

Thanks.

Post by ridax » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:53 am

In file /admin/model/localisation/currency.php

search for

Code: Select all

$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency SET value = '" . (float)$value . "', date_modified = NOW() WHERE code = '" . $this->db->escape($currency) . "'");
replace it with

$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency SET value = '" . (float)$value * 1.02 . "', date_modified = NOW() WHERE code = '" . $this->db->escape($currency) . "'");
There 1.02 gives a 2% extra margin on the currency.

Post by nick5000 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:20 am

ridax wrote:In file /admin/model/localisation/currency.php

search for

$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency SET value = '" . (float)$value . "', date_modified = NOW() WHERE code = '" . $this->db->escape($currency) . "'");
replace it with

$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency SET value = '" . (float)$value * 1.02 . "', date_modified = NOW() WHERE code = '" . $this->db->escape($currency) . "'");
There 1.02 gives a 2% extra margin on the currency.
this doesn't work with 1.5.2.1
any other way? any paid extension that can do this?

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:35 am

The OpenCart version isn't the issue here. The quotes are.

$this->db->query("UPDATE `" . DB_PREFIX . "currency` SET `value` = '" . (float)$value * 1.02 . "', `date_modified` = NOW() WHERE `code` = '" . $this->db->escape($currency) . "'");
The value field is what really mattered to add the quotes but I would still suggest to keep the quotes on all other inquiries of this code as well.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com contractor officials representative

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nick5000 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks Straightlight!!
This works for me.

Post by webpie it. » Fri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Can anyone update the above for 1.5.4+ the code im looking at is different:

$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency SET value = '1.00000', date_modified = '" .  $this->db->escape(date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) . "' WHERE code = '" . $this->db->escape($this->config->get('config_currency')) . "'");
Cant seem to get the above to work by straightlight

Post by webpie it. » Fri May 24, 2013 7:30 pm

So far i have this

line 133 in admin/model/localisation/currency.php

if ((float)$value) {
					$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency` SET `value` = '" . (float)$value * 1.03 . "', `date_modified` = '" .  $this->db->escape(date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) . "' WHERE code = '" . $this->db->escape($currency) . "'");
				}
			}
But just can not get it to work!

Tried clearing the system cache file for the currency too

Post by straightlight » Fri May 24, 2013 9:55 pm

But just can not get it to work!
Please clarify get it to work! .

if ((float)$value) {
               $this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency` SET `value` = '" . (float)$value * 1.03 . "', `date_modified` = '" .  $this->db->escape(date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) . "' WHERE code = '" . $this->db->escape($currency) . "'");
            }
         }
for:

if (is_float($value)) {
               $this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "currency` SET `value` = '" . (float)$value * 1.03 . "', `date_modified` = NOW() WHERE `code` = '" . $this->db->escape($currency) . "'");
            }
         }

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by webpie it. » Fri May 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Well what i mean is i apply the code above, the new one you just posted, but the the increase on the currency does not happen.

Do i have to wait for the currency to update automatically for it to then add the extra?

Post by webpie it. » Sat May 25, 2013 2:26 am

Update to above, i have tried everything to get the above code to work, but it just seems that it has no affect on the price of a product when you switch to a different currency other than the default currency.

I am guessing 1.03 would add 3% extra to the price in the currency selected, other than the default currency?

Regards

Chris

Post by straightlight » Sun May 26, 2013 12:17 am

I am guessing 1.03 would add 3% extra to the price in the currency selected, other than the default currency?
Yes.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by webpie it. » Sun May 26, 2013 12:36 am

Thanks for clarifying!

I'm not sure what to do on this, the code change above seems to have no affect on the prices of products when a different currency is chosen, is there anything else I should be doing?

Post by webpie it. » Sun May 26, 2013 5:56 pm

So i finally got it working!

Silly mistake, but for anyone who is doing this on a test system, you will need to unlock it if you have set a htaccess password server side.

Seemed to be blocking the update

Thanks massively again to straightlight

Post by webpie it. » Mon May 27, 2013 8:01 pm

I have returned, it still does seem that even though the currency is updating IT IS NOT adding the 3% i have applied above.

It is not applying the extra on top of the exchange rate when it updates :(

Regards

Chris

Post by zaynab » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:08 pm

i have this the updation how can i update here..

Currency Exchange Rates China