Post by Xellz » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Hello,

I've tried to use tips from existing topics, but not everything works in OC 1.4.9.3

Most important i would like to remove "model" from user side. I quoted out code with <?php echo $text_model; ?> in template files, but i was able to remove 'model' only from product page. It still appears between product name and price in catalog and in shopping cart. How i can remove 'model' from there too?

It would be nice to remove requirement to fill in 'model' field from admin side too. And just a side question, why it was necessary to make it required field?

Japanese green tea

Post by jty » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Yeah, I don't know why model is so important. I've removed it too
Xellz wrote:It still appears between product name and price in catalog and in shopping cart. How i can remove 'model' from there too?
It's in template/checkout/cart.tpl. Do the same there and everywhere you see model.

The way I work out what template files I need to change is - I look at the address bar and see the URL
If the URL says index.php?route=checkout/cart then I know to go to checkout/cart.tpl. That help me most of the time.

jty

Post by Xellz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks, i had to search by only 'model' to begin with, now i could find all those places. Using grepWin sure helps.
At least it's not visible anymore.

Japanese green tea