Post by pattison666 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi,
I'm building a site at the moment which uses Attributes. Many of the attributes are the same for all products, the only difference being the price. I don't like the way Opencart needs you to re-add attributes on each product and was wondering if anyone has resolved this?

For example if you sell products and they come in red, green and blue... why add those 3 options on every single product when the list of options (red, green, blue) remains the same all the time? When you have several thousand products it gets really tedious. I was reading http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8891 but don't think the paid for mods resolve this issue in a simple way.

All that needs to happen is that the box on the left hand side of the Attributes tab has a pre-populated list of attributes (which you'd enter in a different section of the Admin section) and then you can select the ones you want and enter the other information (price, prefix, etc.)

I'd appreciate any help/advice on this. I can't think I'm the only person who's building an ecommerce site that's needed that function and am surprised it doesn't already exist in Opencart.

Thanks

Post by greenpanda » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:28 am

I realise this is an old thread, but I have been searching for some time now and have not found an answer to this.

Has this problem been solved? Is there an easy way to add persistant attributes?

Nearly all my products have 4 basic attributes: ISBN, Illustrator, Publisher and Format.

I was thinking of adding a link to the attributes page along the lines of:

Code: Select all

javascript:addAttribute();addAttribute();addAttribute();addAttribute();addtext();
...where "addtext" populates the attribute title fields with my 4 common attributes.

Any ideas?

Post by greenpanda » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:18 pm

No worries - I've fixed this now. See the following link for my solution:

http://www.greenpanda.co.uk/2011/11/ope ... ttributes/