Post by johnsmart » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:04 am

This was giving me serious problems.
I am working on OpenCart v1.5.6
I thought the caching code would get me working. On my system it made no difference. My problem was I had SEO keywords enabled, so had to add an entry to that table for each and every entry.
This is what I had to put in, and this worked, just from MySQL inserts:
INSERT INTO oc_product (model, sku, manufacturer_id,shipping, price, date_available, weight_class_id, date_added, length_class_id, sort_order, stock_status_id)

INSERT INTO oc_url_alias (query,keytword )

INSERT INTO oc_product_to_category (product_id,category_id)

INSERT INTO oc_product_to_store (product_id, store_id)

INSERT INTO oc_product_reward (product_reward_id, product_id, customer_group_id, points)

INSERT INTO oc_product_description (product_id, language_id, name, description, meta_description)

Now, I am not saying you need all of those, I am simply saying by inserting those, I got it to work

Post by boredmind » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Hello,

I am using insert commands to insert my products from MSSQL Server 2005 to Opencart. I can see the products the categories in opencart 1.5 but the problem is that the greek characters that I am using in the tables look likes "?????" in opencart.

Does anyone knows what charset I have to change in order to see them ok?

Location - Metamorfosi,Athens,Greece

Post by project » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:37 pm

boredmind wrote:Hello,

I am using insert commands to insert my products from MSSQL Server 2005 to Opencart. I can see the products the categories in opencart 1.5 but the problem is that the greek characters that I am using in the tables look likes "?????" in opencart.

Does anyone knows what charset I have to change in order to see them ok?
Have you tried UTF8? The default is the utf8_general_ci collation.

Location - Greece