Post by lith07 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:18 am

Hey Everyone,

I have my store all set up, but when I put in a test order, I do not receive an email telling me I have a new order, and I don't receive an email confirming my order. What steps do I need to take to make sure its all set up ok? My store email is set to a gmail account, is that all I need to do?

I know email problems are common on the forums, so I have searched through a dozen other threads, but I can't seem to fix my problem. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Post by daledude » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:54 am

System > Settings > General
Enter store's email here

System > Settings > Mail
Click 'Yes' to Alert Mail if you want to be notified of new orders (you can put multiple recipients for these notices below that)

Customers should automatically get a confirmation as far as I know, at the email they provide. If they aren't, then most likely PHP Mail isn't setup right on your server. Some hosts have it disabled to prevent the sending out of spam.

Post by lith07 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:26 am

yea all of that is correct, but its still not working. Is there something I need to tweak in my cpanel?

Post by lith07 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:59 am

Alright heres an update:

I have found that the confirmation emails and alerts are going through my default hosting mail account, but then are being blocked from being sent on to my gmail account, with the error "Relaying not permitted"

I am asking my host, Namecheap.com, but they are saying that there is a problem with my code and they can't help. But it seems to me that the email is blocking relaying. Anyone know how I can fix that?

Post by lith07 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:46 am

Another update- Namecheap.com says that email relaying is not allowed on their servers. I have now tried the SMTP option and filled in all of my info, but no emails are going through to my email hosted on my site. Does anyone know of any solutions to my problem? I just need an order email to go out to an email address when an order is placed!

Post by lith07 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:18 am

Alright no one panic, I figured it out :P

Instead of sending the order to my gmail account, I am just going to send it to an email account on my server. When I do this it works.

Q: feel free to delete this thread lol

Post by rocketero » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:57 pm

lol

Post by DMJY » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:03 pm

I have never came across these questions,sometimes Ican't receive the activiation email,it is a problem.

Buy Maplestory Mesos Cheap Maplestory Mesos Buy RS Gold Runescape Gold