Post by doremi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Yes, it's working fine...been receiving sales for months...but i don't understand how the code works..

Post by justinv » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:51 pm

It's probably working because the form is never actually submitted, there's probably a button with an onclick="performSomeOtherSubmitFunction();".... probably.

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by doremi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 pm

JAY6390 wrote:I host myself, that way I have full control over the server - without a vps/dedicated you are going to struggle with this kind of thing I'm afraid. If you're getting that kind of traffic, you should think of the bigger picture, over time most people's server demand grows from customers, and at 1000 hits a day, you should have a vps at the least. Shared hosting just won't cut it.
I think you are right. I transferred my site to Arvixe shared-hosting business class at $22 per month hoping that it will solve my problem, but a month later today, they are telling me my MYSQL usage is very high and unacceptable and my account will be suspended if I did not do some thing. My daily traffic is about 2000/day now. Their suggestion is to turn off extra plugins/modules/additions to your sites that may be out-dated or are being used excessively by my visitors.

I'm using opencart 1.4.7 and am wondering if there's anything i can do to opencart if I did not want to upgrade my hosting? It gives me the impression that opencart uses a lot of mysql? Thank you.

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Opencart does do quite a few queries to the database as a page is loaded, but it's still only 1 connection. With your visitor count it's not surprising that you have times where your mysql usage is high, although unless they specify how much high is it's hard to know whether they have a low expectancy for the connection count, and that high isn't really all that much

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by ThePath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:51 am

When a host says 15, 25 or 30 connections what they actually mean is each user is allocated 15, 25 or 30 requests to the DB. Im guessing if you have addons or extra code which queries the DB then you will gte this error. Like I am now! Im not sure of the link to this error and actual visitors as Im experiencing it on a site with low traffic. Im guessing it has to do with some dodgy coding from a plugin or mod thats racking up the DB requests. So it doesnt matter if there is only one user if the requests got to 35 kaboom, slow as hell.

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods

Location - Scotland

Post by OCdude » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:56 pm

all i did no resolve this issue was delete file error.txt in /system/logs/log.txt and uploaded a new file named error.txt

you should also fix the issues on the side that is creating all these logs