Post by fettabachi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:59 am

This is a clean install of 1.4.8.

The code provided by Google is rendering at the bottom of the page. I simply pasted the Google code in the provided box on the module edit page and enabled the module.

http://izabelladesigns.com/index.php

Thanks for your help.

Post by kedgetech » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 am

Mate I checked the code in the page. Some how the rendering not right. Did you copy the code directly from the Analytics ? Its not what it should look like btw !
cats.jpg

cats.jpg (318.87 KiB) Viewed 1799 times

As far as I see there might be issue with your copying or problem with template rendering. You can start here i suppose.

Location - USA, Australia, India

Post by MrMuddy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:11 pm

As mentioned, the analytics code you have looks wrong... you have HTML entities in there instead of the <, > and " characters... as a result, the browser doesn't see them as tags and just stuff it all on the page.

It should look like this in the source :

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
Code
</script>

--
Tim

Post by fettabachi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:57 pm

The script tags are in place in the back end and being converted to HTML entities when rendered by the browser. To be sure, I pasted the code into a plain text document and then copied and pasted again with the same (undesirable) results.

Here's the code;

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
  _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-19244135-5']);
  _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
  })();

</script>
There must be a simple explanation...anyone?

I uninstalled the module and pasted the code into the header.tpl file...badda-boom...badda-bing!

Post by kedgetech » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 am

Might be something to do with your template did you build it yourself or purchased it from some where ?

I have never seen this before we support several carts all from 1.3.7 right up to latest ! I have a strong feeling it might be to do with your "Scroll Back to Top" functionlity but I might be wrong.
Cheers

Post by fettabachi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 am

kedgetech wrote:Might be something to do with your template did you build it yourself or purchased it from some where ?
I purchased it from the Opencart Store.
kedgetech wrote:I have a strong feeling it might be to do with your "Scroll Back to Top" functionlity but I might be wrong.
I tested the "Scroll Back to Top" script and it isn't the culprit.

I'll query the template developer for an answer.

Thanks

Post by kedgetech » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Yes absolutly. If you bought the template developer should be able to point you in right direction if there is an issue.
Goodluck.

Post by ktutu » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 am

Could someone please tell me where to go to find the pages I should paste the coding into? I.e. catalog/view/theme/etc..... I'm still learning and am not sure which pages need to be modified.

TIA.

Post by Moggin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 am

ktutu, the Google Analytics code is pasted into the appropriate box in the admin panel: Extensions > Modules > Google Analytics. Nice and simple.

Post by ktutu » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:18 pm

I feel like an idiot. Thanks, Moggin. :)

Post by Moggin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:26 am

No problem. And don't worry, I feel like an idiot quite frequently :D