Post by mystifier » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Sorry if I was in a bad mood. :) Follow me at your peril anyway. I am learning as I go along and only just discovered that :

Code: Select all

Right(`lastname`,Length(`lastname`)-1)
can be replaced by:

Code: Select all

substr(`lastname`,2)
and because I only used PHPMyAdmin until a few weeks ago, I didn't realise that MySQL had Functions, Triggers, Stored-Procedures etc. because it doesn't show them. :-\

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by i2Paq » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:53 pm

rogery wrote:I must admit, I do sometimes ask questions out of laziness that I could probably solve myself with some effort. That's probably because the support here is too good. ;D
Guilty! Ban! :whistle:

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by i2Paq » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 am

Just a small remark on this code.

As it might work in the UK or US, it will not work in The Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium etc. etc. Why you might ask: well, "we" have names looking like this: John the Carpenter.
You see that when using the code mentioned above the name would end up like: John The Carpenter, which is incorrect according to the way we spell names

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by barnesnet » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:57 am

Which file would you need to edit to do the same job for customers using the guest checkout?
I have implemented the text transformation on the …./template/checkout/guest_step_1.tpl and it works fine but obviously this is not enough to record the changes in the database and orders come through as they were typed.

Many Thanks

Post by SapporoGuy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 pm

1.) couldn't you just use CSS?
2.) Nobody brought the issue of names that are reversed ... Japan uses "last name" "first name" on all documents. There are also no Mr. Mrs. Ms. Miss etc ... all "san" or referring to customer "sama"

930sc ... because it is fun!